• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stratford this afternoon

Status
Not open for further replies.
at around 1530, saw 90043+90042 both in 2 tone grey railfreight livery (?) without the EWS logos as yet hauling tanks out of stratford.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Julian G

Established Member
Watcher In The Rye said:
at around 1530, saw 90043+90042 both in 2 tone grey railfreight livery (?) without the EWS logos as yet hauling tanks out of stratford.
90016/90040-049 are Freightliner 90s

RJ

Established Member
ye99bd.jpg

Found the example.

On the subject, why is grey so popular? Transrail, EWS, Railfreight, EPS and Freighliner (at least) all have grey locos!

16CSVT2700

Established Member
joea1 said:
On the subject, why is grey so popular? Transrail, EWS, Railfreight, EPS and Freighliner (at least) all have grey locos!

Cos BR had them painted like that AFAIK. They just never repainted the majority of them into their own colours!!

The two tone grey was the standard colour scheme for sectorisation of frieght, with different logos for each sector.

Hence:
gp60060.jpg

Coal

cd60005.jpg

Construction

etc etc

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
class 313 said:
looks like your new, but please dont type in text (as i have found out many a time :P)

Who is this aimed at?

Coxster

Established Member
He was talking about the guy to used the word too as '2' which is nothing compared to... ;)

Sprog

Established Member
class 313 said:
looks like your new, but please dont type in text (as i have found out many a time :P)
Looks like im new!? :?

Erm, dont wanna start a 'my d*ck is bigger than yours debate', but look at my joining date and my post count. New indeed...... :x :roll: . My aplogies for the text language, but it didnt look like:

"the subjcts r tinnnny...its ard 2 make dem out...more sky thn train lol"

Crikes...... :x

Guinness

Established Member
Calm Down....

Spm isn't new. Besides all members should be treated equally and fairly new or old.....

Sprog

Established Member
Im calm, sorry, just had abit of agro today.........

Bloody Girlfreinds :cry:

Guinness

Established Member
class 313 said:
i did not mean spm anyway, its the dude who said "coz".

Now that is utterly disgraceful. :x :x ;) TBH Mate it doesn't really matter. :)

16CSVT2700

Established Member
class 313 said:

*AHEM* This "dude" has a name :roll:

and..

First Class Passenger

I use cos as it's a habit, though it's perfectly understandable as well. It's basically the only "text" word thing I use (other than PMSL/ROFL etc, which on forums such as this is relatively uncommon) so I will politely ask, where's the problem?

Now please.. back on topic.. :roll:

RJ

Established Member
This thread will not turn into a flaming thread, so settle your dispute via PM, MSN or whatever please.

Some of you really need a hobby, you must have a lot of time on your hands to have an argument over the use of the word "cos". It's SO SAD it's totally unbelievable. Why are you so touchy? It's atrocious to be honest. Some of you can pick a fight over the tiniest of things, which is stupid. GET A LIFE!

T

Tom

TBH, if we're not bothered, don't complain. "cos" is fine, it is normal when we speak, short version of "because"!

Julian G

Established Member
tubechallenger said:
TBH, if we're not bothered, don't complain. "cos" is fine, it is normal when we speak, short version of "because"!
is TBH
To be Honest? :?

Nick W

Established Member
Nothing wrong with "cos" in informal english is there.
It's like French parce que can be shortered to car.

Status
Not open for further replies.