• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stratford Ticket Gates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I was at Stratford yesterday for the first time in ages and was observing things from the 'balcony' up there and was looking at the 2 sets of ticket gates.
From what I can see, people from the Jubilee Line have to go through one set of gates, up and over the balcony/bridge, down the steps and through another set of gates to exit.
Is there another entrance/exit to the station that I missed, or is there some other reason that there are gates to the Jubilee Line.
What about those with single tickets, & Oyster pre-pay?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

T

Tom

The Jubilee Line area is owned by LU and therefore has ticket gates as it is a compulsory ticket zone.

The rest of the station is owned by Network Rail & 'one' and does not have ticket gates as there is not enough revenue to commit the cost to it.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
So where does the exit over the other side of the NLL from the Jubilee Line go?

T

Tom

No idea, only know that (don't personally live near there).

Status
Not open for further replies.