• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stratford to Crawley season

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmartin

Friend has a job in Crawley but lives in Stratford.

Could either be a tube + train or I was thinking Stratford international to Stp and thameslink from there but there isn't a season ticket available that route and doing separate ones comes to £500/month.

Price is the most important thing.

Thanks!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

higthomas

The easiest option would be to get a Crawley-London zones 1-6 travelcard, which come to £409.80 per month. This isn't valid on the high speed to St. Pancras, but is on all other transport modes within London.

To use the high speed is going to cost a lot more.

LexyBoy

Established Member
Fares Advisor
As you've found, SouthEastern don't want commuters (or anyone else really) using their shiny new trains.

The cheapest sensible option would be to use the Tube - a Travelcard from Crawley costs £409.80 a month. Changing to the Central line at City Thameslink shouldn't be too painful I'd imagine, and probably no slower.

To use HS1, I think the cheapest ticket would be a Travelcard from somewhere valid via either Crawley or Ebbsfleet - I've not looked into this so there are no doubt cheaper tickets but an example would be Hastings, £590.60 for a Hastings-London Terminals Plus High Speed monthly season. These tickets are valid through Farringdon, so could be used St Pancras-Crawley. The equivalent Travelcard is £654.00.

mrmartin

Yep, that's what I was thinking. Was wondering if it was going to be cheaper to do HS + Thameslink (avoiding the need for a travelcard) but obviously not since SouthEastern hates having paying passengers on their trains it seems on HS1.

paul1609

Established Member
As you've found, SouthEastern don't want commuters (or anyone else really) using their shiny new trains.

Thats strange really cos Im pretty sure that I was regularly standing due to lack of seats in the peak between Ashford International and St Pancras with a £7000 season ticket in my pocket last year :)

Last edited:

maniacmartin

Established Member
Fares Advisor
I don't see how via HS1 would be a good way to make this journey anyway given that Thameslink between Blackfriars and East Croydon currently takes a very slow diversionary route.

I'd definitely go via Jubilee line to London Bridge, which only needs a Crawley to London Zones 1-6 Travelcard

Last edited:

urpert

Essendine or between Étaples and Rang-du-Fliers

The cheapest sensible option would be to use the Tube - a Travelcard from Crawley costs £409.80 a month. Changing to the Central line at City Thameslink shouldn't be too painful I'd imagine, and probably no slower.

No, it's an easy 7-8 minute walk from the Ludgate Hill exit to St Pauls. Much more likely to get a seat on the Jubilee at Stratford though!

Kentish Paul

To use HS1, I think the cheapest ticket would be a Travelcard from somewhere valid via either Crawley or Ebbsfleet - I've not looked into this so there are no doubt cheaper tickets but an example would be Hastings, £590.60 for a Hastings-London Terminals Plus High Speed monthly season.

Is this ticket really valid to/from Crawley?

Haywain

Veteran Member
A Startford International to St Pancras season, coupled with a St Pancras to Crawley season would come to £459.30 per month. However, I think the Travelcard is the better bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.