• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stratford-upon-Avon Timetable Confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starmill

Veteran Member
Hi

I'm currently at Startford Parkway and I'm slightly confused as to why there seem like relatively fewer trains than last time I was around here... I could have sworn that there were 2 trains an hour to Stratford via Whitlocks End. Then, in the previous timetable change the trains from Dorridge were extended. Did I get that totally wrong? Was it actually the trains via Dorridge that were intended to provide 2tph? I'm aware it's Saturday, but the weekday TT looks the same! Or is the signalling around here still running in a longer term degraded mode due to the significant problems with it not so long ago. There have been quite some delays this afternoon.

Many thanks!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

louis97

Established Member
The Dorridge services were to make the service 2tph, before they were extended it was 1tph via Whitlock's End.

barbette165

In a sense you're both correct.
Coinciding with the opening of Stratford Parkway in May 13, one of the Whitlocks End terminators was extended to Stratford on Saturdays only. Then in December 13, one of the Dorridge terminators was extended to Stratford on Mondays to Saturdays and the extended Whitlocks end train cut back again to Whitlocks End.

Status
Not open for further replies.