• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stratford upon Avon

Status
Not open for further replies.

frodshamfella

Established Member
I have always wanted to take the train from Moor Street to Stratford. I had the opportunity last week and travelled via Dorridge. I found it a very pleasant trop.. with a lovely rural branch line feel. I haven't been on the other route via Shirley, I guess this is also pleasant ? A nice trip...any others on area with similar feel ?

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Polarbear

Established Member
Both routes to Stratford on Avon are pleasant, the rout via Shirley being my preference. Whilst it does take a while, the introduction of 172's has made the trip more pleasant (beats a 150/1 any day).

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
There is a third route - a limited direct service from Leamington Spa. Nothing more than a curve to mark off in the atlas, really, but you might want to bear that in mind if you go back to do the Shirley route as it's easy enough to do both the same day.

Status
Not open for further replies.