• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

STRATHCLYDE DAYTRIPPER

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksu461

Afternoon all,

I'm Planing on doing a STRATHCLYDE DAYTRIPPER with my son to finish our Scottish line as we need around Glasgow and the largs and wemyss bay.

Are there any rare track moves to cop the only one I know.

1C04 1700 Anderston to Carstairs
for line between holytown and wishaw

also best line to get the 314s on ? (we are going may 26th)

thanks jamie

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hexagon789

Veteran Member
Afternoon all,

I'm Planing on doing a STRATHCLYDE DAYTRIPPER with my son to finish our Scottish line as we need around Glasgow and the largs and wemyss bay.

Are there any rare track moves to cop the only one I know.

1C04 1700 Anderston to Carstairs
for line between holytown and wishaw

also best line to get the 314s on ? (we are going may 26th)

thanks jamie

Post May, when there will be significantly fewer booked 314 diagrams, your best bet is probably either the Paisley Canal or Cathcart Circle lines.

433N

Blimey, I never knew the Anderston - Carstairs ran via Holytown and it's a train I see quite alot !

You learn something new everyday.

Kite159

Veteran Member
My suggestion is to board that service at Anderston or at Bellshill to get a better chance of a seat

Last edited:

Highlandspring

Established Member
Assuming you’re talking about 1C04 he’ll struggle to get on it at Bellgrove...

Foxcote

I plan to travel on the Holytown - Wishaw line later this year and also the ‘Edinburgh avoiding line’ between Portobello Jcts and Haymarket West to complete my Scottish routes.
I’m looking for a suitable hotel near Waverley for an overnight stay. Thank you @Highlandspring for your comments on joining 1C04

Kite159

Veteran Member
Assuming you’re talking about 1C04 he’ll struggle to get on it at Bellgrove...

My bad, I had Bellgrove in my head not Bellshill.

One of the hardest probably to do is the curve from Motherwell towards Holytown, plus maybe that late night TPE service which goes from Holytown towards Whifflet.

route101

Established Member
My bad, I had Bellgrove in my head not Bellshill.

One of the hardest probably to do is the curve from Motherwell towards Holytown, plus maybe that late night TPE service which goes from Holytown towards Whifflet.

Is there XC services that go via Shotts?
Or late night Scotrail Edinburgh to Motherwell services via shotts

Gathursty

Established Member
Three weeks ago I did the morning commuter run from Wishaw via Holytown into Ru'glen.

I could have gotten up far earlier for the 0555 Motherwell - Edinburgh via Holytown train but my hotel bed was too comfy!!!!

Highlandspring

Established Member
One of the hardest probably to do is the curve from Motherwell towards Holytown
I can’t think of any passenger services which are booked over the Mossend East curve. It does occasionally get used for passenger diversions if, for example, there’s a blockage on the main line and Up direction traffic from Central towards Carstairs has to go via the Hamilton Circle.

Kite159

Veteran Member
I can’t think of any passenger services which are booked over the Mossend East curve. It does occasionally get used for passenger diversions if, for example, there’s a blockage on the main line and Up direction traffic from Central towards Carstairs has to go via the Hamilton Circle.

The 0559 Motherwell to Edinburgh uses the South to East curve on weekdays to reach the Shotts line
http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/G83176/2019/04/29/advanced

The 2105 Manchester Airport to Glasgow Central TPE uses the East to North curve

http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/Y80853/2019/05/07/advanced

Status
Not open for further replies.