• Dear Guest, and welcome to RailUK Forums. Our non-railway discussion forums are currently restricted until members have five or more posts, and you will not be able to make a new thread or reply to an existing one in this section until you have made five or more posts elsewhere on the forum.

Streaming songs and voice

Status
Not open for further replies.

VTPreston_Tez

Established Member
Are there any sites where you can stream a selection of songs and essentially create your own mini radio station? I'd like to try it out but I'm not sure if there's a site out there and searches don't bring up much. Can someone lend a hand?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

fairysdad

London, Surrey... bit of a blur round here...
Do you mean for people to listen to your music, or for you to listen to a station tailored to you? For the latter, try something like last.fm, Grooveshark or Spotify. For the former, it's a bit more tricky (though you can create playlists on the aforementioned sites and share them with others) but something like ShoutCast would do, though a little technical unless you're willing to pay for a server. You will also have issues with copyright licencing.

Clip

On Moderation
Another vote for spotify.

Last.fm do the same and I think official.fm too.

VTPreston_Tez

Established Member
I want the former of what fairysdad wanted. Xat provides streaming so I can stream YT music videos but not my voice. Starting a radio station would be great for my reputation tbh.
I use Spotify a lot and if I want to listen to any music bar Basshunter (as he isn't on Spotify) I use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.