• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stuffs for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craig

Established Member
I'm considering selling a couple of lenses to fund an upgrade sometime in the near future. If anyone is interested, feel free to send me any sensible offers via PM or whatever before I stick them on Ebay.

These are the two I'm planning to replace:
Canon EF 50mm f1.8 MkII
Canon EF-S 17-55mm f2.8 IS USM (with hood) - The majority of the photos I take are with this lens

I may also be persuaded to get rid this one too (for the right price of course):
Sigma 10-20mm f4-5.6 EX DC (with hood and case)

All of them are used, but in good condition. I'll stick some photos up if anyone is interested.

I might also have a microphone to get rid of too (it's one of the ones I've used for the sound clips on my website).

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mumrar

Established Member
I own two of those lenses and I'm curious as to what you'd be replacing them with. The 50mm f/1.8 is an absolute gem/bargain and the Sigma wideangle is great, so long as you hang around f/8 and above??

Good luck with the sales and replacement.

Craig

Established Member
I own two of those lenses and I'm curious as to what you'd be replacing them with. The 50mm f/1.8 is an absolute gem/bargain and the Sigma wideangle is great, so long as you hang around f/8 and above??

Good luck with the sales and replacement.

Cheers. The 50mm is a good lens, but I hardly ever use it. It's mainly the 17-55mm (also a great lens) that I want rid of to replace it with the 24-105mm f4 L. I'll probably keep the Sigma for wide shots.

It's a shame Canon don't do a 10-200mm f2.8 with IS and USM, that'd be ideal :lol:

Well, with the economic downturn, is £10 a sensible offer? ;) ;)

Stick a couple of 0's on the end and I might be tempted to let you have al 3 :p

Craig

Established Member
I would require a additional £999 for administration costs ;)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Canon EF 50mm f1.8 MkII

I'm assuming that this is a fixed lens. How's £40/£50 for it?

Yes, is a prime lens - review here. The going rate on Ebay seems to be about £60 + postage.

16CSVT2700

Established Member
Cheers. The 50mm is a good lens, but I hardly ever use it. It's mainly the 17-55mm (also a great lens) that I want rid of to replace it with the 24-105mm f4 L. I'll probably keep the Sigma for wide shots.
I'd like a 24-105mm F4L IS myself to get rid of my 17-85mm 4-5.6 IS USM.

Richmond

Put me down for interested for now. I'll see what funds I can dig up for this (if I have enough)

This lens can be bought new for £67 from calumet, cracking lens that is good for night photography has it reduces the amount of light flare with it being a prime lens and features less glass than zoom type lens. At F/1.8 the depth of field can give a very soft focused image but using the cameras user set up menu and putting the sharpness upto 7 it helps with this issue.

Craig

Established Member
Sony ECM-MS907 Microphone - £50 + postage
Microphone, wind protector, threaded stand and soft case all included.

Anything taken in 2003 on this page was recorded with this mic
http://www.railfots.co.uk/pages/sounds

Canon EF 50mm f1.8 II - £55 + postage
Lens and both end caps, I may also have the original box but I'll have to check.

A couple of sample images

I'm open to offers. If there's no takers by Tuesday/Wednesday I'll be sticking them on Ebay.

Status
Not open for further replies.