• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stupid photters

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrknowwun

Unbelievable that their were people around who ignored what was going on just to finish recording their videos.

The video clearly does not show everything that transpired there, and I suspect provides a one sided view.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Darandio

Established Member
The video clearly does not show everything that transpired there, and I suspect provides a one sided view.

Rubbish, it hasn't made the Daily Mail yet. :D

But seriously, your post seems to suggest the behaviour may have been acceptable?

Established Member
I want to know what's being said between 0:32 and 0:47 before I make a proper judgement on that video, but I will note that both of them are swearing at each other, and it doesn't appear to be as one sided an argument as some think.

There's clearly plenty more to that story than we're seeing, and I doubt it puts either of them in a good light.

GatwickDepress

Established Member
Yes - photographers on the track -- it did happen in the past - on railtours - but only after the inspector in charge had checked with the signalbox to ensure that no other trains could enter the section.
Sounds like a fair and sensible approach. I can't imagine it happening down in third rail territory, for obvious reasons though!

Kazington

RE: C Stock tour @ Hammersmith, when it pulled in I had seen people tearing the line-maps down, which seemed to be going on across all the cars. After a few seconds of umming and ahhing I was told that there was an announcement that people could take the maps/signs down, which coincided with what I saw.

As a matter of courtesy, I boarded the train and saw a kid who was having difficulty with his sign, so I, being far taller, offered to help take it down. I suspect some others in my situation would've gone as far as stealing it from the kid, but that really wasn't my idea at all.

End of the day though I came home with 2 line maps and a central area diagram.

mrknowwun

Rubbish, it hasn't made the Daily Mail yet. :D

But seriously, your post seems to suggest the behaviour may have been acceptable?

No it doesn't, never even came close to suggesting that, but it may be possible that both their behaviours may have been unacceptable, and as far as hyping this into an physical assault, I don't actuality see one on that video, and if there is, who is responsible for starting it?

Its simply not clear enough to suggest there is a single aggressor.

87019Chris

I don't see why the guy who took the video didn't just turn his camera slightly more to take the whole view. If he was after a video of the 86 it was ruined by the swearing and antics of the pair so why not give the BTP a clear view of the incident? Unless he felt he could be in danger because he turned the camera towards the pair which I could understand. For the fact we don't know the full story I shall reserve judgement at the moment. The older man may have knocked the other guy but we do not know and also this isn't the correct way to react anyway.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
The BTP have appealed publicly today to find the victim of this in order to get a statement from him.

About five years ago I was at Parson Street station in Bristol waiting for the Torbay Express to go through. Shortly before train passed two photographers arrived and walked off the end of the down platform and set up their tripods under the bridge. Unfortuneately for them someone on the station must have contacted BTP, who arrived just after train had passed. They had a bit of a shock when they saw two BTP officers approaching them as they were walking back up ramp onto platform!

ATW Alex 101

Established Member
I know the guy who filmed the video and I think he may be on this forum. It has been reported AFAIK and they know who the criminal is this case was, but BTP want to speak to the elderly gentleman first.

Obviously this guy is not the brightest candle on the cake and I would personally like to see him behind bars or at least banned off the station at the very least. Absolute scum.

Status
Not open for further replies.