• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stupid Question (Maybe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minilad

Established Member
I know this might sound a bit dumb but will ask anyway. I was wondering if there are any models of trains available that are just models and not for running on a layout. In other words do you have to buy fully operational models or is there anybody producing models without the expense of the motor.
I for one would buy a few models to display but get put off when you see the high prices that are asked for.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
There are some, EFE make tube train models in OO gauge (1:76) that don't have motors and as noted Dapol have some non-motorised N gauge models (1:148). I can't think of many others, but occasionally you get non-motorised models (that normally have motors) or non-working models at quite cheap prices on that well known popular auction website.

IanXC

Emeritus Moderator
There are dummy units and locos available, I'm sure I've seen 153s, 221s and 47s. I presumed they're for multiple (model) working.

Status
Not open for further replies.