• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SU 319 Trip,Tram and More.... 16/09/2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julian G

Established Member
I took the D-stock to Westminster and changed for the Jubilee Line for London Bridge, I met up with my friends at London Bridge, and then we took the 15:59 to Beckenham Junction which was formed of 319011 "John Ruskin College" which was allox on Saturday's SU701 Diagram, We got off at Beckenham Junction and stayed there for a while, and We saw
EWS Red Shed 66094 saves the day with an engineering train to Dollands Moor containing ballast
2 Eurostsars , one for Paris and the other for London from Brussels (ex 14:53)
1 Piece of crap (375),
2 Networkers, 465/1 and 465930
I waved to the driver of 465/1 and he waved back :king:
then I went to the Permit to Travel Box and i inserted 10p and got myself a nice paper saying Permit to Travel
Then We went to the Tram Stop and guess who I saw :o
it was Jim and Dennis
and then I took Tram No.2 to East Croydon
and then the Stoat ran to the platform 4 in order to get the 375 to London Bridge ,but by the time he got to the platform he screamed at me and said "You stupid snail" and I then turned away and went to the subway and he said "Come back here" and I didn't, I am going to punch that arsehole on the face , and i went to platform 2, and he went to platform 3 and said "ha,ha you're never going to beat us to London Bridge" and then the FCC 319 came in, it was the 17:32 to Bedford, I was hoping that the driver would accelerate the 319 madly, and he did :glasses1: and For the First Time this FCC service did not have to stop or slow down at all on approach to London Bridge, :o , that's surprising!

that was my day! :read2:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ascot

Established Member
Interesting day. Didn't realise FCC ran on time?

You should of come down to Fenchurch though. 12:30 off London or the 16:00 off London or the 14:20 and 17:20 off Shoeburness ;) quality announcments been heard.

RJ

Established Member
Julian, you need to stop being easily influenced by what other people say. You do have a mind of your own! 375s are smooth, quiet and comfortable - don't think anyone would disagree - how are they crap???

he screamed at me and said "You stupid snail" and I then turned away and went to the subway and he said "Come back here" and I didn't, I am going to punch that arsehole on the face

Why didn't you then instead of talking about it :???:

Dennis

Established Member
Yes, myself and young Jim were out and about - I have to admit to a day of EMU, tram and bus bashing (mainly for line coverage; Tattenham corner - about as exciting as blowing your nose, Caterham - which is worth a visit and finishing off the Sutton Loop - friendly locals videoing themselves stoning the train were among the places visited).

I have to say I was quite impressed by all the trains I travelled on (which included examples of Southern, SE and FCC units) - all cleanish, on time (except one cancellation) and no serious graffiti / etching evident on the trains travelled on.

Only real let down was a SE 465 which stunk like the carpet around a toilet a couple of days after a good party (SE ought to fit some of those air fresheners which you put by the bog and give a little puff of fragrance when needed!).

Are all these fine new units any good - yes they are.
Are they as charismatic as the slammers they replaced - no.
Which would you want to travel home on after a hard days work?

Jim

Established Member
You should of come down to Fenchurch though. 12:30 off London or the 16:00 off London or the 14:20 and 17:20 off Shoeburness ;) quality announcments been heard.

I take it you didn't do them then;)

Status
Not open for further replies.