• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Submitting delay repay form as/before arriving at destination

Status
Not open for further replies.

gray1404

Established Member
I was delayed by about 65 minutes yesterday due to a cancelled train and the next service running late. Once it reached the point whereby I was running an hour late and with about 5 minutes left on that train I decided to submit my delay repay claim on my phone. I submitted them form as the train was pulling into the station and I was about to get off. I put a line though my ticket as you had to deface it before uploading a image. I was connecting onto Merseyrail using my free travel pass so I knew I wouldn't need to show my "paid for" ticket again.

The status of my claim though is still showing as "in progress - system check". I am now wondering if this might be flagged that I submitted the claim a couple of minutes before the journey actually finished? I didn't think it would be an issue given we'd exceeded the 60 minute mark already. Is this likely to be a problem?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

robbeech

Established Member
I doubt it very much. The only issue I could see would be on those forms where you have to select a service, maybe they won’t allow you to select a particular service if it’s still running.

gray1404

Established Member
My intended train was cancelled and the one after that was delayed. The form was such that I only had to select my intended service, the cancelled one so it allowed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.