• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Successful Interview for Conductor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daydr3am3r

As someone has already mentioned you need an awful lot of patience for railway recruitment!!
Well done to all those awaiting an offer. I know it’s painful but at least you are in that pool! I’m sure the offers will start coming out soon!
Hopefully see the St David’s applicants soon!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nicbetyy

I’m getting frustrated With the wait lol . I’m contracting at the moment as I got made redundant in the summer . Would love to get a start date soon , just so I can plan my life

Emmsie

The story I have heard is that someone from recruitment was off and they have a massive backlog but think that is more to do with interviews. I was told not to expect anything before December but have an assessment towards the end of this month and there appears to be a lot of assessments over the next 2 weeks so its possible that things might get moving after this next lot of hiring. I've applied for Redhill and they are adding another train per hour from next May.

Samrobson

Lmc1976
Have you heard anything more? I messaged the manager who offered me the position at the beginning of Oct who told me no developments and he could confidently say there wouldn’t be any openings until New Year - just wondered if you had Heard anything ? July seems such a long time ago doesn’t it !

Samrobson

Passed my interview for the Conductor role for GWR at Exeter St David's really excited to start and currently on hold for training dates , is anybody else waiting for this ? Or have any particular idea on how long the wait could be for available dates ?

have you heard anything more ? It was indicated there wouldn’t be anything until New Year ! July seems so long ago !

Lmc1976

I’ve not heard anything, I messaged the manager a few weeks back and he could give me no further information about potential start dates. Your right though July does seem an awful long time ago, especially when every indication at the interview was that we would be in post by Christmas!!

PJ123

Hi Guys

I'm in the same position as you two , looks as though we should hear in the new year for certain. Let's just hope it isnt too far in the future !

paulwestwood

have you heard anything more ? It was indicated there wouldn’t be anything until New Year ! July seems so long ago !

Good Evening, please be patient. As far as I’m aware all on hold for now due to the new timetable changes and the depot links only just being finalised for the December changeover as a lot of work content being moved about so not a quick job. All of this involves a lot of organisation and cooperation. The mangers also have a lot other things to sort out also making sure everything is in place. And one final factor that isn’t helping at present are the ongoing harmonisation discussions which will also have a bearing on funding for depot vacancies and training courses, and we still have people waiting to start driver training. I understand your frustrations but please don’t vent too much these forums are monitored.
When you finally get the call be prepared for everything to move extremely quick in order to get you started.

PJ123

Thank you f
Good Evening, please be patient. As far as I’m aware all on hold for now due to the new timetable changes and the depot links only just being finalised for the December changeover as a lot of work content being moved about so not a quick job. All of this involves a lot of organisation and cooperation. The mangers also have a lot other things to sort out also making sure everything is in place. And one final factor that isn’t helping at present are the ongoing harmonisation discussions which will also have a bearing on funding for depot vacancies and training courses, and we still have people waiting to start driver training. I understand your frustrations but please don’t vent too much these forums are monitored.
When you finally get the call be prepared for everything to move extremely quick in order to get you started.
Thank you , very informative as always !

Samrobson

Thanks Paul for your update , just being curious and trying to keep in touch

Status
Not open for further replies.