• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Suggest a film or TV programme

Status
Not open for further replies.

backontrack

Established Member
Either actual suggestions or flippant ones, does anyone have any ideas for films or TV programmes? They don't have to have titles; don't put your best ideas here (unless you want to) or they could be subject to plagiarism. I'll start us off with an (actual) idea for a film.

A gang of thespians, acting as caricatured versions of themselves (à la The Trip), are stranded together on a small island (à la Lord of the Flies) after, once they've finished filming some kind of drama (such as And Then There Were None), bad weather prevents them from returning to civilisation. A comedy, where the lack of amenities starts to turn them against each other - no murder, just drunken arguing. With Kenneth Branagh, David Tennant, Judi Dench, Gary Oldman - pretty much anyone (it's just a shame Alan Rickman is no longer with us).

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

talltim

Established Member
A gang of thespians, acting as caricatured versions of themselves (à la The Trip), are stranded together on a small island (à la Lord of the Flies) after, once they've finished filming some kind of drama (such as And Then There Were None), bad weather prevents them from returning to civilisation. A comedy, where the lack of amenities starts to turn them against each other - no murder, just drunken arguing. With Kenneth Branagh, David Tennant, Judi Dench, Gary Oldman - pretty much anyone (it's just a shame Alan Rickman is no longer with us).

Think you need Matt LeBlanc, playing a caricatured version of himself playing a caricatured version of himself in Episodes in there .

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
I think a sitcom detailing the (mis-)adventures of a group of socially awkward rail enthusiasts would have legs (or wheels?) myself... Guest star in episode one: Michael Portaloo!

TheNewNo2

I don't think you can really come up with anything better than the already existing iZombie, wherein a zombie takes a job in the medical examiner's office for a supply of brains, and uses the visions triggered by said brains to solve murders.

Seriously, this exists, and it is awesome.

GrimsbyPacer

Established Member
Star Trek: Daedalus.
Set on a Daedalus Class starship, set after the Federation was just founded, and the Romulan War ended. It features an Andorian Captain played by Jeffrey Combs, a Tellerite Science Officer who's very sarcastic, a Vulcan Doctor who has heard of bedside manner. Also a helmswoman, an Andorian woman at comms, and an injured engineer.

Enterprise cast could appear, early encounters with Klingons & future Federation members will be common, I got 40+ stories written down already, including Kzinti encounter, Starbase 1, The mind parasite, etc.

DasLunatic

Blackadder No. 5 - set in the 1980s with Edmund Blackadder the supervisor of a production line for computer chips. Baldrick is on the production line, and is one mistake away from being fired. Darling works on another line in the same factory, and Melchett is the CEO of the company in charge of the factory this is set in.

Status
Not open for further replies.