• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Suggestion re. departure board location info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

trainophile

Established Member
How costly would it be for major interchange stations such as Crewe to put on every platform a notice arrowing the way to the nearest live information board?

On a short connection time it would be a great help to be able to see exactly where to go to find out which platform you need. I mention Crewe in particular as I have swanned around there for ages sometimes, looking for a departure board, most of which seem to be on the side of out-of-the-way walls. I'm pretty wised up now, but when I was new to all this rail travel I used to get in quite a panic!

It just needs a large arrow with Live Information signed on it.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

northwichcat

Veteran Member
When they changed from TV style screens to LED displays at Stockport I had to look around for ages to find them, even though I knew exactly where the old ones were.

Status
Not open for further replies.