Suicide Prevention & Intervention

Status
Not open for further replies.

bangor-toad

[Posted with the kind permission of Yorkie]

Dear Everyone,
As some of you may be aware I work for a UK University. One of the projects we're working on has had a rather unexpected result in that we think it can be used to help detect those who may be on the verge of committing suicide on the railways. With detection comes a chance of intervention.

The next stage in our work is to get some appropriate video footage to work with. To be respectful this is only going to be simulated. In other words, absolutely controlled and safe and with nothing unpleasant in it. To obtain this footage we are arranging to hire a heritage line and to film some of the sequences we need.

What I am looking for is a number of people to volunteer to come to help out for the day. I need to have a small group of people to film segments with and to be in the background. As it's research we can't pay for your time but we can provide catering.

I very deliberately haven't said where as that's not fully arranged yet. What I would like to know is would anyone like to help out with this project (if the date a location would work for them)?
If you are interested please let me know.
Many thanks,
Mr Toad

EDIT:
I've been in touch with a few people over the last couple of months about this. Thank you for your interest and we welcome you to come along.

We have now confirmed that we are hiring the Spa Valley Railway on Monday 15th August . Many, many thanks to them for this. We would really like a few more volunteers to come along and be part of the filming. If anyone would like to come along on Monday next week please get in touch with me either by a public reply or PM.
As mentioned above we can't pay anyone to come but we will provide a ride or two on the Thumper and refreshments and catering during the day.

If you are interested please let me know.
Many thanks,
Mr Toad

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bangor-toad

Oh, and to add; please do let me know in advance if you are interested as I have to send you an information pack about it.
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.