• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Summer Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

phil8715

I've just bought it for £2.49 from the steam store.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

scotsman

Established Member
If you buy WCML North + Class 390 then you will get scenarios

CC 72100

Established Member
I don't suppose anyone has the 158 add on? If you do, a) would you recommend it, and b) what livieries does it come in?

Crossover

Established Member
I do! Livery wise I can't really remember off hand, though there are a few corporate liveries, without logos and stuff.

I'd say it is worth getting :)

CC 72100

Established Member
I do! Livery wise I can't really remember off hand, though there are a few corporate liveries, without logos and stuff.

I'd say it is worth getting :)

I know it comes in the original Regional Railways express, and (de-branded) CT. Was hoping for a FGW livery!

I probably will get it... does it have passenger view?

Just created a scenario with 153399... an hour well spent! :p

phil8715

Got myself the Settle & Carlisle and Settle & Carlisle specials

Have had a bit of an issue though. Doing 'Learning the Ropes', and a few minutes in keyboard controls went. Then towards the end, when the alerter sounded the mouse wasn't working wither on the driving thing at the bottom (not sure what it's called) or in the cab to cancel the alarm.

Due to this I couldn't even release the emergency brake and continue.

Any ideas?

My laptop isn't all that powerful, but it's as smooth as silk. Apart from when I was driving an HST and my AWS got stuck too and couldn't cancel it, then the emergency brake came on, I also noticed that the train was rocking about too, I just exited the game then restarted it and it worked fine after that.

Have you noticed that it takes at least 5 minutes to load a scenario after you have selected it? It took nearly 4 hours to download it from the Steam store too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ert47

Got myself the Settle & Carlisle and Settle & Carlisle specials

Have had a bit of an issue though. Doing 'Learning the Ropes', and a few minutes in keyboard controls went. Then towards the end, when the alerter sounded the mouse wasn't working wither on the driving thing at the bottom (not sure what it's called) or in the cab to cancel the alarm.

Due to this I couldn't even release the emergency brake and continue.

Any ideas?

Thats happened to me a couple of times on the Glasgow - Edinburgh and also the London - Brighton. The only thing you can do is to save the game (by pressing Esc or F2) quit the scenario, and then click resume on the main menu.

Darandio

Established Member
I know it comes in the original Regional Railways express, and (de-branded) CT. Was hoping for a FGW livery!

I probably will get it... does it have passenger view?

Just created a scenario with 153399... an hour well spent! :p

Yes, there is a passenger view and there is a FGW reskin available for download, along with many, many others.

chris89

Established Member
I don't suppose anyone has the 158 add on? If you do, a) would you recommend it, and b) what livieries does it come in?

I strongly recommend it as a unit used across the country.

Liveries have been mentioned. Some that can be downloaded include First Scotrail Barbie, and Salitre, First Great Western, Northern Rail etc.

For the Class 390 Here is the Virgin skin for it.

http://www.uktrainsim.com/filelib-info.php?form_fileid=22899

Also is available in the extra stock packs for the WCML from Armstrong Power House.

Chris

CC 72100

Established Member
I strongly recommend it as a unit used across the country.

Liveries have been mentioned. Some that can be downloaded include First Scotrail Barbie, and Salitre, First Great Western, Northern Rail etc.

Chris

I've gone for it :) Also gone for a class 67 too - the included Mark 3 SLEP and Post mark 1s swayed that one for me :p

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I did buy the 390 and it's really rather good. Certainly in terms of performance it goes like the proverbial off a shovel, leave it at maximum power and you'll be doing 155mph pretty quickly. Also in answer to my question above it seems to come with around seven scenarios for WCML North.

voyagerdude220

Established Member
Many thanks for the reminder Matt.

I purchased the Edinburgh to Glasgow add on route on Wednesday, as I've always been tempted to do so. Even better at half price.

Also just about to buy the "Portsmouth direct line". I was debating between this and the London to Brighton. Decided to get the Portsmouth, as I used to drive the London to Brighton on MSTS a few years ago, so have limited experience of it, where as Portsmouth is completely new to me.

chris89

Established Member
I've gone for it :) Also gone for a class 67 too - the included Mark 3 SLEP and Post mark 1s swayed that one for me :p

Great to hear, All are brillant stock.

I did buy the 390 and it's really rather good. Certainly in terms of performance it goes like the proverbial off a shovel, leave it at maximum power and you'll be doing 155mph pretty quickly. Also in answer to my question above it seems to come with around seven scenarios for WCML North.

some were recently added when the Class 390 & WCML were updated. I do suggest this scenario pack for the WCML as well.

http://www.uktrainsim.com/filelib-info.php?form_fileid=28476

The community pack from UKTS. Also self plug two scenarios by myself as well.

Many thanks for the reminder Matt.

I purchased the Edinburgh to Glasgow add on route on Wednesday, as I've always been tempted to do so. Even better at half price.

Also just about to buy the "Portsmouth direct line". I was debating between this and the London to Brighton. Decided to get the Portsmouth, as I used to drive the London to Brighton on MSTS a few years ago, so have limited experience of it, where as Portsmouth is completely new to me.

Enjoy Edinburgh to Glasgow route, many scenarios are avaiable for it as well from UKTS again.

http://www.uktrainsim.com/filelib-d...ntry=998&form_sim=12&form_path=ty=19,cls=2906

Second one on the list another self plug.

Also Darren has some on his site as well.

http://www.dpsimulation.org.uk/scenariosetg.html

Chris

valenta

Well I would have been silly not to take advantage of this. Bought GARL and Edinburgh to Glasgow - both excellent.

Bungle73

On Moderation
I've bought a ton of stuff. I was going to hold off on some of it, but then I thought if I do I will be paying much more!

CC 72100

Established Member
I've bought a ton of stuff. I was going to hold off on some of it, but then I thought if I do I will be paying much more!

I've said "That's it, I'm not getting anymore now"....

... I'm getting a 156 and 170 this afternoon - with all DLC being 50%, I may as well get it now. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.