• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Summer Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CC 72100

Established Member
I can't get on there at the moment (server is busy... something along those lines), does anyone know if London to Brighton is discounted?

CC 72100

Established Member
Thanks for that. Mind defo made up on that one then! Will 'sneak up' on steam and go on there early tomorrow morning before work, get it downloading for when I come back :D

Bungle73

On Moderation
This is soooo annoying! I've only just bought a load of add-ons, and the main game itself! :mad:

CC 72100

Established Member
This is soooo annoying! I've only just bought a load of add-ons, and the main game itself! :mad:

Oh that really is annoying, well, if there's anything you pondered about and didn't get now is your chance I guess.

On a sidenote, does anyone know how to move the 150/2. The brakes don't seem to release, nor do I get any power when I put the accelerator to 700 (yes it comes up as 700!)%? :|

Bungle73

On Moderation
Oh that really is annoying, well, if there's anything you pondered about and didn't get now is your chance I guess.
Yeah I did. Today I picked up the 390+WCML North+HST Buffer Pack+UK LED Signal Pack package, the Settle to Carlisle package and the Portsmouth+4VEP package. :D

CC 72100

Established Member
Yeah I did. Today I picked up the 390+WCML North+HST Buffer Pack+UK LED Signal Pack package, the Settle to Carlisle package and the Portsmouth+4VEP package. :D

So just a couple of things to keep you busy then? :p

Once you've played them, I'd be interested in your opinions on those routes - none of which I've got. Was going to buy one at full price, will now buy two (already done Brighton - Vic), once of which will be the above.

If you haven't already got it, I really recomend Bristol to Exeter. A great route, and those guys at Just Trains are fantastic IMO.

Bungle73

On Moderation
So just a couple of things to keep you busy then? :p
Just a few. :lol:

I'd already purchased the Northeast Corridor, Acela Express and the London to Brighton+4CIG add ons. :)

Once you've played them, I'd be interested in your opinions on those routes - none of which I've got. Was going to buy one at full price, will now buy two (already done Brighton - Vic), once of which will be the above.
I haven't really got anything to compare them with. The last train sim I played was MSTS.

If you haven't already got it, I really recomend Bristol to Exeter. A great route, and those guys at Just Trains are fantastic IMO.
I already got Scottish East Coast Mainline package from them. :)

Last edited:

Crossover

Established Member
On a sidenote, does anyone know how to move the 150/2. The brakes don't seem to release, nor do I get any power when I put the accelerator to 700 (yes it comes up as 700!)%? :|

Easy when you know how.

You need to put the master key in and set it, move the reverser to forward, reset the AWS and then you can release the brakes and give it power.

I would advise reading the digital manual it comes with, as it explains all the extra controls

P.S. Don't forget the lights, destination blinds and its light too :P

Last edited:

Harbon 1

I've put a limit of £20 to spend and will be digging in on monday night with a list of additions :p

And just when I was thinking of saving up :roll::lol:

CC 72100

Established Member
Easy when you know how.

You need to put the master key in and set it, move the reverser to forward, reset the AWS and then you can release the brakes and give it power.

I would advise reading the digital manual it comes with, as it explains all the extra controls

P.S. Don't forget the lights, destination blinds and its light too :P

Thanks for that. I sort of stumbled my way through it in the end. At first I was going nowhere!

Do you have to do something with the DRA too? I did when I got it moving, although I'm now not sure whether you need to.

How do you get into the digital manuals for the DLC btw?

cheers :)

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
All manuals will be in your Railworks folder somewhere like C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\railworks\Manuals\EN

chris89

Established Member
Thanks for that. I sort of stumbled my way through it in the end. At first I was going nowhere!

Do you have to do something with the DRA too? I did when I got it moving, although I'm now not sure whether you need to.

How do you get into the digital manuals for the DLC btw?

cheers :)

Just make sure the DRA button isn't lit then you are free to move away :D

The location of the manuals are where Matt said.

Chris

Crossover

Established Member
Sorry, yes, you must also turn the DRA off as well! (letter 'Y' if I remember correctly)

As matt said for the manuals, though remember, if you don't have a 64 bit operating system, then look for the Program Files folder that isn't appended by anything else (if you have a 32 bit OS, it will be the only Program Files folder)

chris89

Established Member
Sorry, yes, you must also turn the DRA off as well! (letter 'Y' if I remember correctly)

As matt said for the manuals, though remember, if you don't have a 64 bit operating system, then look for the Program Files folder that isn't appended by anything else (if you have a 32 bit OS, it will be the only Program Files folder)

It is Y i believe.

For 32 bit OS's will apear as Programe Files, for 64bit will have (x86) on programe files options.

Anyway for RW stuff, will be getting London to Brighton, Seatlle and Carlise, Maybe Woodhead. The NEC for Jivebunnies upgraded GWML that is being made over on UKtrainsim.com.

Also some 3rd rail stock etc.

Other games got gifted Max Payne 3 and keeping an eye on Alan Wake & Sniper Elite V2 and anything else that gets my eye.

Chris

Bungle73

On Moderation

I picked that up too (and the 150 and 101 add ons). :D

BTW those with the London to Brighton add on, have you come across the "Burst Pipes" bug? Whatever you do when you get to East Croydon you fail because it says you have only picked up passengers from 2 of 3 stations At first I thought I was doing something wrong, but I was sure I wasn't. I Googled it and apparently it's a known issue.

CC 72100

Established Member
All manuals will be in your Railworks folder somewhere like C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\railworks\Manuals\EN

It was exactly as matt said, but cheers for your help anyway Crossover. :D

@Bungle73 - Haven't done the scenario yet so can't comment on that one. Cheers for the heads up on it though.

Harbon 1

i brought Up the Junction shunter pack, edinburgh to glasgow, class 101 and class 156.

All i can say is its the best £31 ive ever spent :D:lol:

Retorus

Railworks 3: Train Simulator 2012 is currently reduced by 90% so you can pick it up for £2.49, if you're on the fence about buying it now is your chance!

Bungle73

On Moderation
Railworks 3: Train Simulator 2012 is currently reduced by 90% so you can pick it up for £2.49, if you're on the fence about buying it now is your chance!

Oh double FFS. I payed £19.98 from Amazon just the other week! :@

CC 72100

Established Member

Thanks for that. I've already got it, but my brother who was on the fence has now decided to get it. Cheers for the heads up :)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Oh double FFS. I payed £19.98 from Amazon just the other week! :@

Thats the way it goes sometimes unfortunately. Can understand your frustration!

Got myself the Settle & Carlisle and Settle & Carlisle specials

Have had a bit of an issue though. Doing 'Learning the Ropes', and a few minutes in keyboard controls went. Then towards the end, when the alerter sounded the mouse wasn't working wither on the driving thing at the bottom (not sure what it's called) or in the cab to cancel the alarm.

Due to this I couldn't even release the emergency brake and continue.

Any ideas?

Darandio

Established Member
Sounds like a memory drop out to me, and given that S&C is one of the less demanding routes out there, that would be strange.

What are your system specs?

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Thinking of picking up the 390 (amongst other things :lol:) and just wondering if actually comes with any scenarios as standard or if it's just free roams?

Bungle73

On Moderation
Thinking of picking up the 390 (amongst other things :lol:) and just wondering if actually comes with any scenarios as standard or if it's just free roams?

I don't think so. I picked up the combined 390+WCML pack the other day.

Crossover

Established Member
I have had the 390 for a while. It comes with something for the Test Trak (basically flooring it), a short scenario of a test run from H&H (where electrification starts) to Paddington and a test run on the German route (where the max speed you'll do is about 70mph, but because it is in km/h, you'll initially think you are doing faster :P

I would recommend getting the VT reskin and there are a few other bits and pieces out there on UKTS for a couple of routes (loads for the WCML, but a few need other payware)

(In terms of long run scenarios, I have one or two for York - Newcastle Modern)
As for the summer sale - I'm waiting to see if there are going to be any specials on DLC's before I get them to find them getting reduced :P

Bungle73

On Moderation
I have had the 390 for a while. It comes with something for the Test Trak (basically flooring it), a short scenario of a test run from H&H (where electrification starts) to Paddington and a test run on the German route (where the max speed you'll do is about 70mph, but because it is in km/h, you'll initially think you are doing faster :P

I would recommend getting the VT reskin and there are a few other bits and pieces out there on UKTS for a couple of routes (loads for the WCML, but a few need other payware)

(In terms of long run scenarios, I have one or two for York - Newcastle Modern)
As for the summer sale - I'm waiting to see if there are going to be any specials on DLC's before I get them to find them getting reduced :P
The DLC is already reduced (by 50%); I've already picked a load of stuff up.

Why doesn't the 390 come with Virgin livery, since that's the TOC that operates them?

Crossover

Established Member
The DLC is already reduced (by 50%); I've already picked a load of stuff up.

Why doesn't the 390 come with Virgin livery, since that's the TOC that operates them?

Yeah, but I'd rather get with more off if I can (naturally :P)
We will see anyway (I doubt it now as they seem to usually do the main game on discount after the others to stop people getting the game cheap then cheap DLC's as well)

I imagine (as per a lot of the other liveries such as 150 in Northern colours but without anything else) that it comes down to copyright issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.