• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Sunday 28th football additionals enquiries

Status
Not open for further replies.

ntanswell

Hi,

Just spotted this on First Great Western's site http://www.firstgreatwestern.co.uk/Content.aspx?id=285. Two football additions are operating form Cheltenham Spa to Caridiff at 1020 and 1105, any idea if they are being operated by anything speciall or will it juust be a 3 or 4 150s chucked together?

Many thanks

Nathan

P.S, it says they run direct to Caridff, presumably via Chepstow, any idea if they run non-stop?
PPS: Just spotted this, http://www.centraltrains.co.uk/_popups/news/news_detail.asp?id=20060523104329-117 888 seats, any idea what the traiun will be and what will be hauling it?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jim

Established Member
More than likely a 170 158 combo on the CT service

Techniquest

Veteran Member
All to be convoys of DMUs. CT have been known to run multiple 150/0s on a FootEx before now...Wouldn't be surprised if FGW did the exact same idea, chucking in a load of 150/2s. As for CT, if they do choose 150s, they really ought to use the ex-Anglia ones, what with their 3+2 seating layout, meaning more seats for the hooligans.

clagmonster

Established Member
WSXFan said:
more seats for the hooligans.
Firstly, my appologies for going off topic. May I say, that I do not like the generalisation of all football supporters as hooligans. I myself am both a rail enthusiast, and a regular supporter (of Hull City), and while I attend the majority of games, both home and away, voccally support my team, have a couple of drinks, I do not enter into any form of violence. This also applies to the vast majority of fans who I have met, both of Hull City and of other clubs. This includes the club for whom these fottex's are being run (Cheltenham Town, and their opposition on the day (Grimsby). In fact, I would go on to say that they are mainly a well behaved, good humoured bunch of people out for a good day out, just as we as rail enthusiasts are when we go out. I have seen posts before conplaining about the bad publicity us as rail enthusiasts ofter get, and I fully agree with those, but please don't give the same treatment to other groups of people.

Once again I appologise for going off topic, but I felt that this is something that had to be said and I believe I have been forced into posting something similar on this forum before.

TicketMan

I know a couple of weeks ago I'd have probably jumped on that bandwagon myself, however I'm behaving myself now...

Anyway, I'm sure the term 'hooligans' was only used lightheartedly ;)

Techniquest

Veteran Member
clagmonster, fair enough. It's nice to hear that there are supporters who behave themselves, but I posted about the majority, which certainly do NOT behave themselves.

It was a bit of a lighthearted comment anyway. Sorry for any offense.

clagmonster

Established Member
Appollogy accepeted. In fairness, I think the problem is that the supporters who cause trouble get noticed far more than those who don't. It is only a small minority who casue any trouble, and some of those who do don't even turn up to games in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.