• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Sunday working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul 1980

For conductors with northern west contract. Is it optional? I understand that I can opt out of the ones I dont have on my rota (link) but the ones I am rosta'd in for can I opt out of these too? I d be down on hrs for that week!

I'm in my training and not familiar with it all and trying to book a trip before a voucher expires tonight.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Cornish Guilt

It might be different for Northern, but for my TOC you do your rostered hours Monday to Saturday. Any rostered Sunday’s are classed as overtime, however you are expected to work them unless you give 7-14 days notice. Quite often though, due to the additional pay, colleagues tend to ask for yours as opposed to having to give them away.

MickeyClass37

Hi Paul

How is training going? I'm starting soon and just wondered how's it gone?

Cheers Mickey

Paul 1980

Hi as long as your are prepared to do a little work/revision outside if the course you ll be fine. It is fairly intense but worth it I hope. I have just done my last big written assesment and have my interim assesment tomorrow morning so once that's done I ll be a lot happier. I guess getting a decent group helps as I'm sure you will. Good luck with it. If you have any questions then fire away.

Status
Not open for further replies.