• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Sunny Thames Valley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

16CSVT2700

Established Member
Cholsey & Wallingford railway matey ;)

Nice shots by the way! Could use some sun up the line here :(

Dennis

Established Member
Thought it mght have been to the C&W but never having stopped off in that area before, wasn't sure.

ChrisM

Thanks for the comments.
Cholsey photos were taken from the station as i got lost trying to find the 'famous' Cholsey manor bridge.
Cholsey & Wallingford railway runs at the weekends IIRC using the bay platform at Cholsey.

Coxster

Established Member
ChrisM said:
Cholsey & Wallingford railway runs at the weekends IIRC using the bay platform at Cholsey.
Looks like it:-

FGW.jpg

ChrisM

Thanks all.
I spent around 4 hours between Tilehurst and Radley and even missed a few freights.
That part of the mainline has around 3-6 freights an hour depending on time of day and week.

Jim

Established Member
LucaZone said:
I did, but for 6 months nothing ever seem to be where freightmaster said it would be, so I gave up :(
That is the problem with freight, it can run hell early & hell late, as me & Sprog found out at Westbury a few weeks ago...

ChrisM

Freight is bad for timekeeping luckly a relative has access to TRUST so i'm normally able to get an update via text depending on day.
Freightmaster is worth the money for most.

Status
Not open for further replies.