• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Super Advance and overcrowded trains

Status
Not open for further replies.

wintonian

Established Member
Fiddling around with the wayback machine I found this, when did they stop passengers using advance tickets from travelling on the next service if the train was overcrowded?

Buy in Advance; Train Specific tickets – includes Apex, Bargain, Advance, Super Advance, Value and other Single & Return tickets requiring re-booking with reservations on specified trains

If at the start of, or during, a journey a passenger finds the train or trains specified on their tickets are cancelled, excessively delayed or overcrowded they may use either the next available train or, if this is not possible, any other train to travel to their destination.

NRE (archived)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
Well, if it survived to "Simplification" it would have disappeared then, as all AP tickets became "Advance".

wintonian

Established Member
Well, if it survived to "Simplification" it would have disappeared then, as all AP tickets became "Advance".

Ah I didn't think about Simplification, mind you if this was still the case today then I could see it making a mockery out of advance fares on some routes.

Status
Not open for further replies.