• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Super D Official Launch, Saturday 27th August

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lewisham2221

Established Member
From www.churnet-valley-railway.co.uk/news.htm

Churnet Valley Railway said:
The Churnet Valley Railway is proud to announce the official launch of restored Class G2 49395 0-8-0 ‘Super D’ on Saturday 27th August by Mr Pete Waterman and a representative of the National Rail Museum, York. Come along and see this magnificent locomotive in action, ride behind the sole survivor of the class and see why the prolonged restoration was well worth it.

Invited guests will be arriving all morning but everyone is welcome to join in and take part in this historic event. 49395 will steam into Kingsley & Froghall station at 11:40am and at 11:45am Mr Pete Waterman and the NRM will officially launch the locomotive into traffic. The Super D will then continue to pull the public service trains for the remainder of the weekend.

The loco has actually been out and about hauling all steam services at the CVR for the past few weeks now. Whilst I wasn't over impressed by it, I suppose it gives the J94 a break (which was previously the only fully available steam loco at the CVR) although the decision to use the Super D on all steam services (except Thomas events) until 2007 is, IMO, somewhat questionable, surely a little bit of variety would be better?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bunnahabhain

Established Member
Well I hate to think what they will be doing when it comes to the GCR's Autumn Gala to haul the Windcutters.

Still, nice to see a rare loco out and running again, should draw in the crowds and Harry Potter fanatics ;)

Lewisham2221

Established Member
Jamie C. Steel said:
Well I hate to think what they will be doing when it comes to the GCR's Autumn Gala to haul the Windcutters.
Simple, they don't run a train service for most of October ;)

Jamie C. Steel said:
Still, nice to see a rare loco out and running again, should draw in the crowds and Harry Potter fanatics ;)

Grr, bloody kids, standing room only, mumble mumble...

Tom B

Established Member
14/15/16 October it will be at the KWVR for the Autumn Steam Gala

Status
Not open for further replies.