• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Super off peak and outboundary travelcards

Status
Not open for further replies.

GW43125

Established Member
If I have a super off-peak outboundary travelcard, which bars me from certain trains into and out of London, would this apply only to the outboundary leg, or to services within London too? This would be on a Saturday. I'm trying to work out whether I need an off-peak or if a super off-peak will be ok.

Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Any Travelcard is valid at any time after 0930 for journeys wholly within the zones covered by the Travelcard.

So you can take any evening train to Feltham.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
No problem :)

Boarding at Feltham is also fine throughout the evening peak. There appears to be a (dubiously enforceable) bar on boarding a train at Waterloo, Vauxhall,
Queenstown Road or Clapham Junction and remaining on the same train beyond Feltham, if holding a W SUP OPK DAY Travelcard. This ticket type and corresponding restriction is considered by the rail industry to be "simple".

GW43125

Established Member
Boarding at Feltham is also fine throughout the evening peak. There appears to be a (dubiously enforceable) bar on boarding a train at Waterloo, Vauxhall,
Queenstown Road or Clapham Junction and remaining on the same train beyond Feltham, if holding a W SUP OPK DAY Travelcard. This ticket type and corresponding restriction is considered by the rail industry to be "simple".

Perfectly simple. So to clarify, I can do Waterloo to Feltham or get on at Feltham with no penalty?

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Yes. So changing at Feltham onto the following train is definitely legit.

Whether you can alight at Feltham and re-board the same train is ambiguous.

Status
Not open for further replies.