• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Super off-peak less restricted

Status
Not open for further replies.

island

Veteran Member
When fares were "simplified" I do seem to remember there being a suggestion that where multiple off-peak fares exist for a journey the "cheaper one with more restrictions" would be called super off-peak.

What, then, of tickets from London Terminals to Braintree Freeport? Super off-peak day return is D4 (after 0845) and off-peak day return is D1 (after 0930)?

I wonder is this common elsewhere on Greater Anglia?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Robinson

Not sure, but I did find an oddity on GA whereby a Super Off Peak day return was offered when I looked up Liverpool Street to Cambridge on a Saturday - but when I tried on a weekday it didn't show for any journey (leaving the Off Peak as the cheapest option).

Paul Kelly

Verified Rep - BR Fares
Greater Anglia's restrictions seem very wrong and messed up in NFM12 and on BRfares.com, and also on NRE the PDF of restriction D4 seems to be totally missing. It's a bit hard to know what's really valid. Not unusual for a super off-peak day fare to be only offered on weekends though, but finding out the correct details of restrictions on GA super off-peak fares (apart from trial and error with journey planners) seems to be nearly impossible.

calc7

Established Member
Not sure, but I did find an oddity on GA whereby a Super Off Peak day return was offered when I looked up Liverpool Street to Cambridge on a Saturday - but when I tried on a weekday it didn't show for any journey (leaving the Off Peak as the cheapest option).

Some London regional flows have Super Off-Peak only valid on weekends. It's the same on FCC only on the London Bridge - Brighton route.

Status
Not open for further replies.