Super Off Peak on HS1?

Discussion in 'Fares Advice & Policy' started by AndrewR232, 3 May 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AndrewR232

AndrewR232 Member

I am considering a trip on HS1 from St Pancras International [STP] to Ashford International [AFK] in the coming week, but not entirely sure about which ticket to buy.

According to this page on befares.com, there is a Super Off-Peak Day Return route Plus High Speed priced at £29.60

Yet the same page states this ticket carries restriction code F4, which is apparently NOT VALID on Southeastern High Speed services at any time.

Which is correct? :? :?

Would it be better to buy at STP on the day?
    --- old post above --- --- new post below ---
    Just to add, the trains I intend to get are:

1J56 STP dep 1837 to AFK arr 1915
    1J63 AFK dep 2016 to STP arr 2046 (but I would alight at Stratford on the return trip)

2. cool110

cool110 Member

Considering that there's also a ticket with the same code routed Not Valid On HS1 the intention is for the routing to override the code. In addition the text for F4 on NRE doesn't include any restriction on high speed but does have restrictions on the return (same as outward) while BR Fares says it's unrestricted.

3. yorkie

yorkie Administrator Staff Member Administrator

The route "Plus High Speed" is printed on the ticket and is correct.

The 'small print' text in the restriction code is not printed on the ticket, and passengers would not normally be aware of it. It's over-ridden, but it should be removed as it is a nonsense. Southeastern clearly have competency issues in this area, but I see they recently advertised for a new pricing manager.

4. AndrewR232

AndrewR232 Member

That is the answer I wanted - thanks! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.