• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Super Off Peak Return

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a Super Off Peak return, is this valid only on the train that I have a reservation for or can I use it on a later one that day?

It's a London to Glasgow 9.30am a week on Monday that I am using the return portion, just in case I feel like a lazy morning and getting a later one.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

scotsman

Established Member
Super Off Peak Returns (SSR?) are valid on a restricted number of off-peak trains. That means that if you choose to travel on a different (super) off-peak service, then your ticket will be valid but your seat reservation won't. However, due to the nature of the services that SSRs are valid on, getting a seat shouldn't be a problem!

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
If you would like to know the exact times that the ticket is valid between could you please post what the start and finishing point of the ticket is and someone will look it up for you.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I've got a Super Off Peak return, is this valid only on the train that I have a reservation for or can I use it on a later one that day?

It's a London to Glasgow 9.30am a week on Monday that I am using the return portion, just in case I feel like a lazy morning and getting a later one.
A Super Off Peak Return (SSR or OPR) ticket is in the Off Peak category of tickets.
Off-Peak and Super Off-Peak tickets may require you to travel at specific times of day, days of the week or on a specific route.
Website journey planners can tell you when your ticket can be used – simply enter your outward and return journey times to see the trains you can travel on.
Alternatively, rather than use the journey planners, if you can tell us your origin and destination, we can look it up for you if you like.

I did look up London Terminals [1072] <> Glasgow Cen/Qst [0433] but there is no Super Off Peak Return (SSR or OPR) for that flow.

The return portion is London Terminals - Glasgow Cen/Qst.

The ticket type is "OFF-PEAK R".

I have a reservation on the 09.30 from Euston and it cost £121.60 for the tickets.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
They why were you looking for information on Super Off-Peak returns? The ticket is a Off-Peak Return!!

The restriction is 3A and it is valid on trains from Euston before 04:30 and at or after 09:05 and at any time on weekends.

I've included the full restriction text below in case you're curious but the above is all you really need to know:

Restriction : 3A said:
These restrictions apply
MONDAY TO FRIDAY. By any train
on other days.

For travel TO or VIA:

London (including Luton
Airport Parkway, Luton, Milton
Keynes, Watford Junction and
Reading) but NOT Kings Cross &
Stevenage.
Code 1K applies for journeys
to/via Kings Cross & Stevenage