• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Super off peak travel card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halsebee

Am about to book a return ticket from Taunton to London Paddington on 8th Dec. Online FGW and other sites show Super Off Peak Day Travelcard available on the early fast trains to London 0719 etc. How can this be? Is this an error. I'll book it, but would prefer not to have an argument about validity. I thought these were restricted tickets, and not available at this time. Note no advance fares seem to be available either. Any advice gratefully received.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TEW

Established Member
Advance fares aren't available yet, leave it a week or two and they will be.

glynn80

Established Member
Weirdly, the NXEC site (Avantix WebTIS) is displaying a £65.00 Super Off Peak Travelcard for travel on all services from Taunton to London after 0617 (i.e. it does not seem to be applying the peak restrictions). The return does still apply the restrictions.

As long as you print out the booking you make (I would also suggest reserving a seat) with the service clearly shown as valid, I can't see any guard being able to charge you. Whilst I cannot 100% confirm this, I can say from experience they normally honour what has been sold to passengers on WebTISs.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Get a reservation and sit in it. They cannot possibly do anything. If they did try to excess you then refuse to pay, get an unpaid fare notice and then appeal the unpaid fare notice taking it to the very highest level and threaten to go to the Press.

If it is advertised as being available and you book it you are forming a contract which they cannot legally get out of.

I am sure there won't be a problem though if you have a reservation.

Status
Not open for further replies.