• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Sutton Coldfield Accident 1994

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

John Webb

Established Member
I would guess, as no formal investigation report is available, that it was probably a minor bump at low speed. Possibly one unit approaching another to couple and was going a little too fast? Or if Sutton Coldfield has any bays, a minor overrun in one of those? (Clearly something much less than the 1955 derailment!)

dave_wm

I presume so - but by 1994 the station had lost its bay platform, and didn't have any permissive working! Definitely something rather less serious than 1955 though!

sprinterguy

Established Member
There seems to be a substantial amount of compression to the front of that 150. The photo is grainy, but I'm trying to work out what is occupying the lower quarter of the image: There seems to be a lot of detritus scattered around in front of the unit. Had it hit something substantial on the track perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.