• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Sutton Park Line

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
You could ask me you know seen as though tis my shot.

I presume thats what he was asking, for you to tell him where it is but maybe on the forum rather than via PM so the knowledge is passed onto others as well? :roll:

Ferret

Established Member
In addition to what 37412 said, I also asked on here because the first (and only other) time I asked you for info on a location, you didn't get back to me!!!

Not sure what I've done to offend you but I do take exception to the content of your PM to another member. At no time have I ever passed off a location as my own! As for gratitude for any tips - I don't recall you ever offering me any. And as for pilfering locations, well, they don't belong to you me or anyone else! In fact, I would like to think that at some point somebody has looked at one of my fots, liked it, and decided to do a shot in that location - indeed that's one of the reasons I have a fotopic site.

I must admit I do view your site from time to time and I do like some of the more arty stuff you do - it's something a little different to your average, stereotypical fotopic/flickr site.

Now, if you don't want to tell me where that is then fine by me but that's a pretty conceited attitude to take and it'll win you few friends.
Anyway, I've no desire to fall out with anybody so I'll leave it at that.

Best Wishes

Ferret

Phoenix

Established Member
In addition to what 37412 said, I also asked on here because the first (and only other) time I asked you for info on a location, you didn't get back to me!!!

Not sure what I've done to offend you but I do take exception to the content of your PM to another member. At no time have I ever passed off a location as my own! As for gratitude for any tips - I don't recall you ever offering me any. And as for pilfering locations, well, they don't belong to you me or anyone else! In fact, I would like to think that at some point somebody has looked at one of my fots, liked it, and decided to do a shot in that location - indeed that's one of the reasons I have a fotopic site.

I must admit I do view your site from time to time and I do like some of the more arty stuff you do - it's something a little different to your average, stereotypical fotopic/flickr site.

Now, if you don't want to tell me where that is then fine by me but that's a pretty conceited attitude to take and it'll win you few friends.
Anyway, I've no desire to fall out with anybody so I'll leave it at that.

Best Wishes

Ferret

Look the pilfering remark was a manner of speaking but sorry I would much rather you asked me through PM rather than on here as lately It's seeming a bit of a coincidence and for instance there are some locations that took me hours to find such as grendon and I dunno it seems like it's been viewed off the site and if I have judged you wrongly I apologize just in the railway world you cant exactly trust most people
Yes im being slightly pathetic but I honestly work so hard and would rather be asked on here.
Now I did not receive a message off you if it was on fotopic I guess this another admin mess up on their part so once again it was not my intention to ignore you.

Also ask a few other people I speak to and they will tell you that I always try to help just I would rather be asked and TBF I have met you before and even spoke to you about locations so sorry about the email my fault and i dunno I guess being ill has got me all moody so sorry.

Established Member
Quick message to phoenix - dunno if you have viewed it yet but i have sent you a reply to your earlier PM explaining what i did and why regarding the message you sent me.

Richmond

Image looks like it was taken at the back of Walmley Golf Course, in an area with a body of water called the dam, off Penns Lane, could be wrong but the palisade fencing etc give it that appearance.
I can't believe that a photographer won't share the location, as for Grendon and hours you spent finding it, should go to trainspots because it has been listed there for two years now.

Ferret

Established Member
Cheers Richmond - I'd guessed it was at that end of the line, though I didn't know it was on the golf course. Good call on Grendon btw - the excellent trainspots site is where I first saw it as a viable fot! Not so keen on it since those horrid signal gantries went up but that's another story anyway:(

Scott, ok - no worries. I've read your PM btw and will reply properly in the morning. I do understand what you mean about working hard - I've seen from your site that you put a fair bit of thought into what you take.

Phoenix

Established Member
Fair enuth ferret cheers for the understanding and that location ya need to go on the opposite side of the tracks and it's not where the golf course is but abit before that.

Established Member
Well i live in Sutton Coldfield and the lines about a 30min walk but its worth it only problem is most of it is built up on a bank so getting lineside is a very hard challenge.

Phoenix

Established Member
Well i live in Sutton Coldfield and the lines about a 30min walk but its worth it only problem is most of it is built up on a bank so getting lineside is a very hard challenge.

Speak to me saturday and I can point a few which are not banked.

Status
Not open for further replies.