• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Sutton to Farringdon & London Terminals

Status
Not open for further replies.

bighenry

Hi all.

I'm commuting from Sutton to Farringdon, but occasionally need to head in to / out from Victoria and alas my ticket doesn't cover me for this.

I found another poster with a similar problem, albeit travelling from Hurst Green, and someone suggested a solution was to buy the following:

SDR Hurst Green - W Hampstead Stns rte +Any Permitted 14.00

This is valid both via Farringdon and via Victoria so you can break/start your journey at either station.

Assuming this is also true for Sutton, this would appear cheaper than my current ticket (annual return to Farringdon) and would cover me for all London terminals.

I've talked to a number of staff at Sutton and London Bridge, and no one seems to believe this ticket exists.

Does anyone know if such a ticket really does exist?

Thanks,

Henry

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

thedbdiboy

Yes, Seasons do not include the 'cross-London' marker so the ticket you want doesn't exist as a Season Ticket.

Paul Kelly

Verified Rep - BR Fares
Seasons do not include the 'cross-London' marker
True, although they can be routed "LONDON ZONES 1-6" which has the same effect and means they also function as an all zones Travelcard, e.g. a Peterborough to Reading season ticket.

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
That's not a routeing unless origin and destination are outside the Travelcard area, which doesn't apply here.

Status
Not open for further replies.