• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SW France - TER Périgueux-Agen - Route Details

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeR

Following a couple of messages about this route, I am attaching a MS Excel Sheet that gives the location of all the Stations on the route, so that they can be viewed on Google Earth.

I have also attached a link to my Flickr Album - very much a work in progress as Covid restrictions permit.

Attachments

• French Rail 3.xlsx
    11.6 KB · Views: 8
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Veteran Member
Following a couple of messages about this route, I am attaching a MS Excel Sheet that gives the location of all the Stations on the route, so that they can be viewed on Google Earth.

I have also attached a link to my Flickr Album - very much a work in progress as Covid restrictions permit.

Thanks. I am not used to searching via lat and long and Googlemaps doesn't recognise the location, with or without the departement. What am I doing wrong, please?

A cheap and cheerful alternative is to locate one station via the search and select a suitable departure which will then show the route and all the stations.

PS It doesn't work for all countries :(

MikeR

Thanks. I am not used to searching via lat and long and Googlemaps doesn't recognise the location, with or without the departement. What am I doing wrong, please?

A cheap and cheerful alternative is to locate one station via the search and select a suitable departure which will then show the route and all the stations.

An alternative that shows the place names on a schematic is here:

It is in French but will translate on Chrome easily. In the righthand box at the bottom you should see "Schéma de la ligne" click on the hyperlink in blue marked [afficher]and this will open/close the schematic.

I will get back to you on the references - I use them in that format on my GPS

You may find interest in the following resources about this line:
https://rail21.pagesperso-orange.fr/NEC-AN.pdf (routemap)
https://rail21.pagesperso-orange.fr/PNEC-AN.pdf (route profile)
https://rail21.pagesperso-orange.fr/FicheNiversac-Agen.pdf (Remarkable points and linespeeds)

Rail21 has equivalent documents for many French lines. Enthusiast documents, not official ones, but a fantastic resource nonetheless.

Thank you for those links - very useful.

I have looked and it is clumsy. My GPS accepts the references as I have entered them but converting is tedious, sorry.

I have had another look at this and can't see an easy fix. As I said, I use that format because I can enter it straight into my Garmin Satnav and drive there. I live in SW France and most of the routes that I explore are disused but I use Google Earth to "fly" the route and pick up the co-ordinates of the Station buildings. Then, Covid permitting, I up load the co-ords to my Satnav and set off with my camera gear. I don't often use Google Maps and when I have, it is to enter an address. If I come up with a better solution, I will post it in due course.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.