• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Swanage Beer Fest...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Established Member
I was on about that it was at tysley.

Tysley, never heard of it, Tyseley, just down the road from me 8-)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
...and rather hellfire if driven the correct way... ;)

Like being driven into Booths? 8-)

Although saying that the final HRT Grid tour with 95 (Sarum Flyer???) did produce some racket round the London suburbs!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Galvanize

Is there any gen on the Moors lineup yet? Its such a pig to get to but 25278 on the 'mainline' all day might tempt me...
Visitors announced

Class 52 D1015 'Western Champion'
Class 55 55 019 'Royal Highland Fusilier'
Class 37 D6700

Home Based
Class 25 D7628
Class 50 50 027 'Lion'

Class 101 101680 3 Car Set

Swanage it is then!!

(sorry for diverting the topic!)

Established Member
So tractor 119 at the Moors, tractor 152 at Peak Rail or tractor 275 at Swanage (depending on the progress of the wagon). Desicions?

Established Member
Not the blindest difference to me :lol:

Swanage regardless!

Thats Okay but I believe you don't live far ;)

For those of us from the Midlands (I know, somebody has to live there) we have the choice to 'come down' to Swanage, which I will be foing if 275 works, or go 'up norf' to the Moors. Or go over to matlock for a very rateable 37152 on a not as brillaint line 8-) Still will be doing that on the Sunday :D

Julian G

Established Member
I might head down to Swanage with my friend, although i will bring a pillow to place on the seats to avoid poor seating of the 4s

Beaker

Established Member
Thats Okay but I believe you don't live far ;)

For those of us from the Midlands (I know, somebody has to live there) we have the choice to 'come down' to Swanage, which I will be foing if 275 works, or go 'up norf' to the Moors. Or go over to matlock for a very rateable 37152 on a not as brillaint line 8-) Still will be doing that on the Sunday :D

Do a massive move and do all 3 ?

Established Member
YAYA! 3417 out again!, A question, how do you get from Wareham to Norden/Swange by bus? and whats the journey time Waterloo - Wareham?.

raymondsrail

hi, it takes just over 3 hours ruftley from waterloo to wareham and when you get off the train at wareham you will find a bus stop about 10 meters from the station.you then would have to wait for the 142 or 143 which runs every hour and will take you directley to swanage station but does not stop at norden!!!(the bus journey lasts for 20-25 minites)

liam

Established Member
I'm planning on doing 2 - bearing in mind both the Swanage and NYMR are 3 day events, it's not difficult at all.

I know people who are doing all three, although only have two days at my disposal that weekend, offers of a helicopter so I can nip between railways getting every tractor trip in will be appreciated 8-)

Probably do Swanage on Saturday if 275 is working, Peak Rail Sunday and then trek to the Moors for 119 on a summer running day :)

Established Member
Not the blindest difference to me :lol:

Swanage regardless!

119 up the moors would be my choice if i could get B&B up there, as the Moors is a better line than Swanage, wouldnt mind another trip up there soon! :D

hi, it takes just over 3 hours ruftley from waterloo to wareham

What train are u getting lol, doesnt take taht long 2 hours 15 tops!

Nathan

119 up the moors would be my choice if i could get B&B up there, as the Moors is a better line than Swanage, wouldnt mind another trip up there soon! :D

Well for me, Swanage is local costing under £8 to get there in an hour unlike £55 to the moors in under 7 hours... which to pick ;)

raymondsrail

What train are u getting lol, doesnt take taht long 2 hours 15 tops!

soz, thinking of somthing else, the bus stuff is right though:oops:

liam

Nathan

It'll be a busier Saturday than usual with the Weymouth Explorer i think...

May attend on the Sunday not sure, dont think there will be that many additional people from the tour will there?

Julian G

Established Member
YAYA! 3417 out again!, A question, how do you get from Wareham to Norden/Swange by bus? and whats the journey time Waterloo - Wareham?.

Bus 142/143 from Wareham (outside a la Gare)
Buses run every hour, iirc

Dennis

Established Member
I can't understand why the Swanage Railway don't operate their own integrated bus service from Wareham for events like this - Bristol RE + donation tin or £££'s to Wilts & Dorset after festering for the best part of an hour?

Nathan

I can't understand why the Swanage Railway don't operate their own integrated bus service from Wareham for events like this - Bristol RE + donation tin or £££'s to Wilts & Dorset after festering for the best part of an hour?

That was an idea, i dont know where that is now...

They use a bus for thomas because its popular

apmw131.jpg

Nathan

Hope there are no low bridges en route otherwise it'll end up as a hen house :x

Except unlike the tranquil settings of the Island of Sodor, this is Britain highly industrious you could get quite a few battery chickens on there :lol:

paul1609

Established Member
Its worth pointing out that the bus stop at Wareham Station is a bit unconventional. You have to cross to the Up side of the station either by the footbridge or a footcrossing at the London end of the station. Outside the station there is a small roundabout with a bus layby. Buses in both directions call there.
Alternatively a Taxi cost around £11 to Corfe Castle last year from outside the down side of the station.
If you have time on the way back and you dont know the area its worth getting the open top bus from outside swanage station back to Bournemouth as this travels via the sandbanks ferry and gives probably the best views of any bus service in the south.
Sadly the bus terminates in the town centre and the station is about a mile away and not particularly well signposted so another taxi may be the best bet.

Nathan

Its worth pointing out that the bus stop at Wareham Station is a bit unconventional. You have to cross to the Up side of the station either by the footbridge or a footcrossing at the London end of the station. Outside the station there is a small roundabout with a bus layby. Buses in both directions call there.
Alternatively a Taxi cost around £11 to Corfe Castle last year from outside the down side of the station.
If you have time on the way back and you dont know the area its worth getting the open top bus from outside swanage station back to Bournemouth as this travels via the sandbanks ferry and gives probably the best views of any bus service in the south.
Sadly the bus terminates in the town centre and the station is about a mile away and not particularly well signposted so another taxi may be the best bet.

For an individual scenario i would disagree, For me personally a bus ticket is under £5 and what your saying is that for my convieniance i should pay an additional £6 saving myself a 20 metre walk across a bridge or crossover to a bus stop...

Perhaps its more understandable if you have a party of 4 to split the cost down into.

Dennis

Established Member
For an individual scenario i would disagree, For me personally a bus ticket is under £5 and what your saying is that for my convieniance i should pay an additional £6 saving myself a 20 metre walk across a bridge or crossover to a bus stop...

Perhaps its more understandable if you have a party of 4 to split the cost down into.

I think what paul1609 was suggesting is avoiding a possible 30+ minute fester at Wareham and that a taxi would be cheaper if the cost was spread.

paul1609

Established Member
I think what paul1609 was suggesting is avoiding a possible 30+ minute fester at Wareham and that a taxi would be cheaper if the cost was spread.
Exactly Denis, In fact the wait at Wareham for the bus could be even longer it only runs 2 hourly even on Saturdays for much of the year. its fair to say that Wareham Station doesnt have much in the way of facilities, the ticket office often seems to be closed and even the pub outside has turned in to a chinese restaurant!

Beaker

Established Member
Exactly Denis, In fact the wait at Wareham for the bus could be even longer it only runs 2 hourly even on Saturdays for much of the year. its fair to say that Wareham Station doesnt have much in the way of facilities, the ticket office often seems to be closed and even the pub outside has turned in to a chinese restaurant!

Its an indian restaurant :p

Nathan

Ahh, im following now :lol:

So far, its not been that bad... so far anyway ;)

Established Member
I here we will be having the delights of 37275 at this event now, vice wagon 45060 :-P

Status
Not open for further replies.