• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Swanage Railway - Wareham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard P

The only part I would disagree with is that I do not regard an hourly bus service as "decent", but then I lived in London most of my life so perhaps my view is skewed.
I think the point is it is reliable and you plan your trip according to the timetable. Services from Swanage to Wareham won't be as frequent as that either

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Titfield

Established Member
In many rural hours an hourly service is considered good. Its also worth bearing in mind that the service runs 7 days a week (albeit not hourly winter sundays) and there is a bus back from Poole at 23:00.

The Swanage Railway trial service operated for just 60 days (5 days a week for 12 weeks) with 4 round trips a day with the first from Wareham at 11:15 and the last 17:15.

Status
Not open for further replies.