• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Swanage to Wareham from 13th June announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

341o2

Established Member
On the 4TC set today was 33025 on the Swanage end and 37518 on the Wareham end.

so the locos have swapped ends, on the three visits I have made since the service began, the 37 has been Swanage end, with the 33 at the Wareham end

VEP3417

went there today just to ride on the 33s and tc, had a really good day actually, nice to have a bit of a main line thrash short even tho it may have been,

i dont think ive been on a tc before, well i say that i grew up in london when i was young so i may have been but i was so young its hard to tell, but anyway it was nice to be able to ride on one,

(ive now been on a preserved tc and a thumper so thats a nice couple to tick off the list)

you cant stick your head out the door windows as there are bars, and the little cartridge windows do open but only slightly as theres wood chocks to stop them opening all the way, but some are missing so a couple do open all the way so did have my head out on the way back up which was nice

highly recommended if you get the chance before it goes

any idea when it will go back towards the london direction once theyve used it for the last time, be nice to see that passing on the main line

Attachments

• DSCF8706.jpg
    DSCF8706.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 66
  • DSCF8765.JPG
    DSCF8765.JPG
    140.3 KB · Views: 41
  • DSCF8843.JPG
    DSCF8843.JPG
    215.4 KB · Views: 43
  • DSCF8844.JPG
    DSCF8844.JPG
    195.3 KB · Views: 43
  • DSCF8845 - Copy.JPG
    DSCF8845 - Copy.JPG
    180.6 KB · Views: 37
  • DSCF8845.JPG
    DSCF8845.JPG
    224.6 KB · Views: 40
  • DSCF8852.JPG
    DSCF8852.JPG
    208.8 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

Dougal2345

any idea when it will go back towards the london direction once theyve used it for the last time, be nice to see that passing on the main line

By chance I happened to see it roaring through Bournemouth on Monday morning at about 08.15.

Sad to think that Swanage is again severed from the UK's rail network for the best part of a year :(

341o2

Established Member
Hopefully it`ll be back next year 2018

The SR hope to have their DMU's in service by then, so this may not be repeated.

Other news is that 34070 was withdrawn from service after the accident. It will return to service after overhaul next year. 34072 should enter service for the first time at the Aultumn steam gala which will also feature D6515 as being a steam replacement. (it was planned to have two unrebuilt Bulleids in steam until 34070 would be withdrawn for overhaul next year)
31806 has been overhauled and is now passed for mainline working
80146 has been returned to service despite being shown as out of service on the website under rolling stock, but is listed on the gala page
30053 will be withdrawn for overhaul at the end of October
A major mechanical fault has been discovered on 30120, this loco remains in storage while its future is being discussed with the NRM

Visiting locos (so far) for the gala are 41312 from the Mid Hants and 563 will be on display at Corfe with footplate access

Last edited:

VEP3417

By chance I happened to see it roaring through Bournemouth on Monday morning at about 08.15.

Sad to think that Swanage is again severed from the UK's rail network for the best part of a year :(

shame, would have likes to see that but never the less glad i had a ride on it

Purbeckboy

Possibly recorded for the 2013 SWT special service (below), but whatever was the reason at least someone was looking at future possibilities at the time.

I thought Virgin sent a Voyager ECS for an event, but someone please correct me if that's wrong.
yes for a naming do - top speed 5 MPH No passengers - no guard-

Status
Not open for further replies.