• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Swedish railcar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

FlyingScot

I went on wikipedia to find out, but there wasn't a trace about said railcar. Oh well I least I tried.

Mvann

I went on wikipedia to find out, but there wasn't a trace about said railcar. Oh well I least I tried.

I'd already looked on there. Last known place was fledborough hall bygones. I know it was put up for auction there when the place closed. Thanks for looking tho.

FlyingScot

Is said railcar a SJ Class Y7 Diesel Railcar?Then it's still at Fleggburgh apparently. It said on the Nene valley railway website. It may not be updated but maybe still there, waiting to leave the ghost place.

Mvann

The Nvr site hasn't been updated. The reason I'm trying to find out is because someone had e-mailed the IRPS group based at nene valley wanting to know if they new where it was now. We know the rother valley had ask about technical aspects about it, as someone down that way was looking to buy it. Not heard anything since.

Mvann

There are some of similar railcars on one of the Swedish rail museums website. I have seen some of 1212, but not on any websites.

alco801

Does anyone know if the engine was ever started or whether it moved under its own power at Fleggburgh?

I'd also be interested in talking to anyone who used to maintain it or drive it at NVR.

Craig

alco801

Some work has been done to 1212, a set of loan batteries, overhauled starter motor, cleaned out fuel system, replacement of all fuses. She now starts, moves and stops.
Haven't had much time in the past few weeks to do much, we've been repainting our Leyland National Greenway which will hopefully be at KWVR this weekend, and getting class 141 bubblecar RB004 ready for the Llangollen Railcar gala which was last weekend.
I've just uploaded another video - first time moving under own power with me driving - the power controls and brakes are very not British!... sorry Tree!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gtXIN49aGo
If anyone wants to come and do some work, please let me know.

Craig Owen
www.railbustrust.co.uk
www.northumbriarail.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.