• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Swindon & Cricklade Railway Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
Very glad to hear it's salvagable, I want to get down there as soon as possible to cover the line, but it does appear to be a giant pain in the face to get to if you don't drive. I'll have another look of course, I have a hunch they won't be running on Mondays though when I'm free to do a trip.

Did it myself for the Thumper a few years ago, can't remember the route but did a Thamesdown dart up to there, wasn't right on the doorstep but was only a 5-10 minute walk, if that

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Did it myself for the Thumper a few years ago, can't remember the route but did a Thamesdown dart up to there, wasn't right on the doorstep but was only a 5-10 minute walk, if that

Ooh nice, I miss the Thamesdown Darts it must be said. SLF Darts or not, it's been ages since I last saw one. Worth remembering, that's for sure, that it's not too bad a walk.

Something else to add to the ever-growing list of things to do...

GlosRail

It seems to have come from a private collection in Worcestershire. It looks to have been stored unused since being withdrawn from service. It's still in Network South East livery.

For the benefit of both myself and others who aren't totally clued up on what is where, where did 205023 come from?

fgwrich

Established Member
It seems to have come from a private collection in Worcestershire. It looks to have been stored unused since being withdrawn from service. It's still in Network South East livery.

It's still privately owned as far as I'm aware but on a long term loan. The remains of the center car are to be used for spares. Was previously stored undercover in a hanger at Throckmorton Airfield near Pershore.

The plan now looks to be to restore both coaches to active service, the 207 will lose it's corridor connection as there isn't any need for it (the 205 doesn't have one, wasn't refurbished ala Epping and Ongar's Thumper).

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
Ooh nice, I miss the Thamesdown Darts it must be said. SLF Darts or not, it's been ages since I last saw one. Worth remembering, that's for sure, that it's not too bad a walk.

Something else to add to the ever-growing list of things to do...

Went on one only a couple of weeks ago, still some '02 Dart SLF ones worth doing, Euro 1 (I believe) spec but better than the Euro 3 darts. Apparently to be replaced soon by more Streetlites or something.

They have ex-Scottish Dennis Tridents now though, went on one, was great!

Route 15 will take you there by the looks of it:

http://www.swindon-cricklade-railway.org/findus.php#top

Status
Not open for further replies.