• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Swiss project.. Neuveville - Les Taux - St-Julien V2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

J_Legrand

Hello,

If anyone interested, I am currently re-working my 2 lines (Neuveville - les Taux and Les Taux - St-Julien) into 1, with new scenery, new swiss objects, new junctions and a lot more.
I won't call myself a master of Route Building, but I believe I've learnt a lot from my past projects to make new things now.
(Screenshots below)

First, heres a plan of the line, with the new junctions:
http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/6458/swiss12map3zn.jpg

=> Planning (Scenery/Objects/Trackwork):
- Rework of the trackwork between Neuveville - Les Taux => DONE (100%)
- Rework of the scenery between Neuville - Les Taux => WIP (85% done)
- New Chatel - Colomberis junction (10 km) => WIP (Finished the trackwork, working on the scenery - 15% done)
- New Vevet - Goncourt junction (8km) => Has to be made (0%)
- New Veaurier - La Vallée junction (13km) => Has to be made (WIP Trackwork - 5%)
- Updated scenery between Les Taux - St-Julien => WIP (40% done)
- New swiss objects (buildings, stations, landscapes and new photo-realistic textures of the trains) => WIP (20% done)

=> Planning (Errors/bugs/BVE4 options):
- Fixing the scenery errors (has to be done)
- Morning/Afternoon/night w rain/snow effects (BVE4 compatible)

=> Trains:
I *should* redone the RBDe560 and Re 4/4 II trains with the OS_ATS plugin.

And.. now? I've finished the trackwork of the new junction "Chatel" - "Colomberis". I've worked on the Chatel town, added some scenery.
I need to redone some textures with a better resolution.

Screenshots:
20060409192305.jpg

20060409193004.jpg

20060409211222.jpg

Here is some screenshots of the latest updates of Les Taux - St-Julien:
http://bve.pavcules.com/images/20060409215409.jpg
http://bve.pavcules.com/images/20060409215651.jpg
http://bve.pavcules.com/images/20060409215949.jpg
http://bve.pavcules.com/images/20060409220349.jpg

Also, I am going to change the poles to photo-realistic swiss poles, but I am experiencing problems with them ATM, I'll take a look at that later.

Comments and suggestions are welcome.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jordy

Established Member
Looking good there, I think yours was one of the first BVE routes I downloaded!

Jordy

Guinness

Established Member
J_Legrand said:
I won't call myself a master of Route Building, but I believe I've learnt a lot from my past projects to make new things now.

You have quite some skills!! :)

Excellent screenshots :)

J_Legrand

Thanks!

Here is some screenshots of the updated Les Taux - St-Julien route by night.
I'm pretty happy with the moon effect ;P I should look at the lighting colour effect of the lights, because it's doesn't illuminate enough.. :/

20060411210727.jpg

20060411210848.jpg

20060411211247.jpg

J_Legrand

Thanks for your comments.

Here is some screenshots of the future snow / raining&storm version.
I don't know if there is many routes that features storm effects, but the good old Vienna Underground, for it's time, made very nice storm effects! That's really impressed me years ago, and it's helped me to do them.
Well, I still need to fix the rain/storm sounds transition (I believe transition is english too? lol). Also, you can see the raining/snow files of Robert Glass and Anthony Bowden :)

I've made these versions some weeks ago, and I won't be able to update the route a lot the next weeks dues to real life getting busy.. But I will try to finish the junctions before the summer, so I can think of a release for July / August.

..And as for who might be interessted, yes, my La Vallée - Goldau project is reported, I will start it this summer, but I guess it's will take time to make it, especially dues to the upcoming changes on my life..

Anyway, enough said, here is some screenshots =P
I'm also starting the TrackWork from Vevet to Goncourt today (With the junction on the right at Vevet..)

20060412132940.jpg

20060412133308.jpg

20060412133355.jpg

20060412133552.jpg

20060412133903.jpg

Edit:
And here is just an example of Timetable of Les Taux - St-Julien with the real SBB CFF FFS graphics (I'm going to include several documents for the train drivers that the real drivers has as well :))
S3_marche.jpg

Tom B

Established Member
Nice weather effects there! And don't worry, your English is a lot better than many native English speakers :).

J_Legrand

Thanks !

Lol.. At least you haven't heard my english accent ;-P.

I might post new screens of the junction tomorrow if I've done enough of the scenery.. Let's see.

Rich, I don't see any mistake... :-P

The Snap

Established Member
J_Legrand said:
Lol.. At least you didn't heard my english accent ;-P.

Should be "At least you haven't heard my english accent" ;) :p

Maybe he isn't as good at his English as you thought Tom! :p :D

Tom B

Established Member
Considering the things some people who have lived here for years have said before now...

Status
Not open for further replies.