• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

[Switzerland Pics] Schynige Platte Bahn

Status
Not open for further replies.

icn

The Schynige Platte Bahn ist located in Wilderswil, near Interlaken. Schynige Platte, altitude 1967 metres, is surrounded by an incredibly impressive mountain world. An excellent excursion destination and starting point for a host of hikes. The natural paradise is also famous for its unique Botanical Alpine Garden. The line was opened in spring 1893. The electric locos were built between 1910 and 1914 and are still in use.

dscf0675ts4.jpg

dscf0678hr2.jpg

dscf0676vh2.jpg

dscf0641wt5.jpg

dscf0702do3.jpg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
The Schynige Platte Bahn ist located in Wilderswil, near Interlaken. Schynige Platte, altitude 1967 metres, is surrounded by an incredibly impressive mountain world. An excellent excursion destination and starting point for a host of hikes. The natural paradise is also famous for its unique Botanical Alpine Garden. The line was opened in spring 1893. The electric locos were built between 1910 and 1914 and are still in use.

dscf0675ts4.jpg

dscf0678hr2.jpg

dscf0676vh2.jpg

dscf0641wt5.jpg

dscf0702do3.jpg

Nice shots there , you near interlarken by any chance or st.moritz?:-P , you seem like a good photographer for swiss railways by these nice bold shots. and there in the sun.

Fred

icn

Nice shots there , you near interlarken by any chance or st.moritz?:-P , you seem like a good photographer for swiss railways by these nice bold shots. and there in the sun.

I live in Winthertur, it is a three hours trip to Interlaken or St. Moritz.

Established Member
Superb! Brings back memories of 2004 when I stayed in Grindelwald for a week, and we went to Schynige Platte and up to Jungfraujoch!

Beautiful countryside!

Nathan

did you go to the railway museum in interlaken , a model railway serves the food and drink the cafe.

I must have gone to a different museum, i was told there were one or two around the area. Just up the road from Interlaken West station was the one i visited.

Status
Not open for further replies.