• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SWR Class 455’s out on the fast line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kieran1990

So this evening I used to Guildford to Waterloo shuttle due to engineering works shutting the rest of Guildford station. To my surprise a double Class 455 turned up for the limited stop service. In previous experience when this is in operation via the Clandon line it’s been a solid double 450 combo off the bay.
I have to say, a rather sereial experience traveling on a Class 455 doing 70mph between Surbiton and Clapham. I wasn’t expecting a trip up the fast line. They do sway a bit when they are up near there max speed I have to say... rather enjoying the bash actually. I usually try and avoid them.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TEW

Established Member
Thought this would be the case, I suspect it is at least partly as a result of the strike timetable in operation today. Contingency guards who sign Guildford to Surbiton via Cobham would sign 455s rather than Desiros.

Ethano92

Been on one none stop from new Malden to Waterloo. Quite loud and a bit of a rough ride. It was fun though. Very similar to what those on greater Anglia get with their 321s all the time. Lucky you that you can avoid them, even in the peak of summer they're the only trains to serve my station except for a few exceptions such as a 458 running a shepperton diagram.

Status
Not open for further replies.