• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SWR consultation timetables

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dibbo4025

Does anyone know where I can find copies of the SWR consultation timetables for December 2018 - they've now been removed from SWRs website?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Does anyone know where I can find copies of the SWR consultation timetables for December 2018 - they've now been removed from SWRs website?
Hey, I have a few of the timetable PDFs if you'd like but I don't have all of them.

Attachments

• SWR TABLE 160 from London.pdf
    63.5 KB · Views: 68
  • SWR TABLE 160 to London.pdf
    34.7 KB · Views: 40
  • SWR TABLE 155 from London.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 36
  • SWR TABLE 155 PDF.pdf
    997.4 KB · Views: 24
  • SWR TABLE 155 REVISED BASINGSTOKE AND ALTON v2.pdf
    566.8 KB · Views: 23
  • SWR TABLE 156 from London.pdf
    34.7 KB · Views: 37
  • SWR TABLE 165 Eastbound.pdf
    236 KB · Views: 32
  • SWR TABLE 165 Westbound.pdf
    124.8 KB · Views: 29
  • SWR TABLE 158.xlsx
    393.3 KB · Views: 56

infobleep

Veteran Member
Here is the excel Iles I downloaded to my mobile.

Attachments

• SWR TABLE 156.xlsx
    45.6 KB · Views: 29
  • SWR TABLE 155.xlsx
    112 KB · Views: 18
  • SWR TABLE 152.xlsx
    147.9 KB · Views: 17

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Here's a few more if they are of any use to anyone:

Attachments

• SWR TABLE 149.xlsx
    830.5 KB · Views: 28
  • SWR TABLE 158A.xlsx
    65.2 KB · Views: 17
  • SWR TABLE 159.xlsx
    375.5 KB · Views: 20

FenMan

Established Member
The SWR Table 149 probably needs to be taken with a pinch of salt as it conflicts with the draft, and heavily revised, GWR timetable for the North Downs Line currently showing on NRE effective from May. Example:-

A SWR service from Waterloo leaves Wokingham at 13:19 and arrives in Reading at 13:32.
Meanwhile a GWR service from Redhill arrives in Wokingham at 13:21 and overtakes the SWR service on a soon to be built flyover south of Earley to arrive in Reading at 13:31 .... :)

AY1975

Established Member
The SWR Table 149 probably needs to be taken with a pinch of salt as it conflicts with the draft, and heavily revised, GWR timetable for the North Downs Line currently showing on NRE effective from May. Example:-

A SWR service from Waterloo leaves Wokingham at 13:19 and arrives in Reading at 13:32.
Meanwhile a GWR service from Redhill arrives in Wokingham at 13:21 and overtakes the SWR service on a soon to be built flyover south of Earley to arrive in Reading at 13:31 .... :)

It also only shows four trains per hour calling at Queenstown Road (Hounslow Loop trains still calling there, but not Kingston Loop or Hounslow via Richmond), whereas SWR is now saying it will retain eight trains per hour here at least until the completion of the Northern Line extension.

SWR is also now saying it will retain the direct Waterloo-Weybridge via Hounslow service but at the expense of its proposed four trains per hour to Windsor & Eton (two via Richmond, two via Hounslow) so the W&E branch will now remain half-hourly at least in the off-peak.

The consultation outcome report on the SWR website also mentions additional calls at Vauxhall on some morning peak trains from Reading - this is not shown in this draft timetable (which was presumably done before the consultation). At present, Reading trains call at Vauxhall on Sundays only, and even that is a fairly recent thing.

AFAIK there are no plans for any significant changes to weekend services on the suburban routes or the Windsor and Reading lines.

I didn't know there were plans for a new flyover near Earley - that's news to me. In any case, even if it were true, surely it would be west not south of Earley, as the Waterloo-Reading line heads in a north-westerly direction between Wokingham and Reading.

Last edited:

Ianno87

Veteran Member
I didn't know there were plans for a new flyover near Earley - that's news to me. In any case, even if it were true, surely it would be west not south of Earley, as the Waterloo-Reading line heads in a north-westerly direction between Wokingham and Reading.

It was a joke about an GWR Train leaving Wokingham behind an SWR train, but magically arriving Reading in front of it... :)

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
It also only shows four trains per hour calling at Queenstown Road (Hounslow Loop trains still calling there, but not Kingston Loop or Hounslow via Richmond), whereas SWR is now saying it will retain eight trains per hour here at least until the completion of the Northern Line extension.

SWR is also now saying it will retain the direct Waterloo-Weybridge via Hounslow service but at the expense of its proposed four trains per hour to Windsor & Eton (two via Richmond, two via Hounslow) so the W&E branch will now remain half-hourly at least in the off-peak.

The consultation outcome report on the SWR website also mentions additional calls at Vauxhall on some morning peak trains from Reading - this is not shown in this draft timetable (which was presumably done before the consultation). At present, Reading trains call at Vauxhall on Sundays only, and even that is a fairly recent thing.

AFAIK there are no plans for any significant changes to weekend services on the suburban routes or the Windsor and Reading lines.
AIUI this relatively short thread only started to ask if anyone had kept copies of the original consultation timetables. It predates the consultation report becoming available by a week or so.

So it is clear the above timetables are no longer relevant, except perhaps for eventual comparison with the next published versions. The changes made after the consultation have been discussed in a fair amount of detail in the long running “SWR new franchise” thread starting about here:
https://www.railforums.co.uk/thread...ded-to-first-mtr.123105/page-143#post-3404094

Last edited:

387star

On Moderation
Do Portsmouth direct line trains still alternate fast or slow either before or after Haslemere?
This used to result in a recommendation to change trains at Haslemere
Pretty sure this doesn't happen anymore?

DelW

Established Member
Not alternating stopping patterns, but stopping trains leaving Waterloo at xx.45 are overtaken at Haslemere by the following xx.00 from Waterloo. So passengers from or to stations served only by the stoppers can benefit from changing at Haslemere.

cle

Established Member
So much for the Windsor line changes.

I'd question Queenstown Road at all - Battersea Northern Line will provide frequent services to Waterloo (and onwards), and Battersea Park offers a much better service south to Clapham Junction and beyond there. Many might be changing for Brighton or Wimbledon line services anyway. People headed to Windsor line stations would be inconvenienced, but I think it would be worth it overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.