• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SWR deferral

Status
Not open for further replies.

Railquestions

Hi all I applied for a SWR guard job. I was wondering, in the case that I was accepted on to the job, if I’d be able to defer my start date.

thanks in advance

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Railquestions

Still waiting on a date for an assessment. So I haven’t even been offered the job but just trying to weigh my options

AMM72

Still waiting on a date for an assessment. So I haven’t even been offered the job but just trying to weigh my options
It can take a long time for things to get going and sometimes months from being offered a job to the start date of training. I've heard some say up to a year on occasion. Mine was six months from assessment. So as I say hopefully may not turn out to be an issue for you in the end. Good luck!

Established Member
There were people I started with who had applied more than a year prior. Don't worry about it until they offer you a job with a start date - as it could likely be next year !

Status
Not open for further replies.