• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SWR guard training 30th March anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Sblondon

What’s the recruitment process exactly for Guards jobs - is it assessment day in Southampton and if you pass, you get an interview or is it if you pass the the assessment day, you’ve got the job?

MiNi

Pass the assessment day.Wait for interview date(the date can be set right then when they tell you that you have passed the assessment) or wait a number of weeks. Pass interview,Job offer them medical. All ok,then start date. Can be a long process sometimes.

WombleGuard

What’s the recruitment process exactly for Guards jobs - is it assessment day in Southampton and if you pass, you get an interview or is it if you pass the the assessment day, you’ve got the job?

Hi. As MiNi says it's a waiting game after applying although reading this forum makes me realise I've been very fortunate really. We were told we'd passed the assesment day in Southampton in the afternoon. About 6 of the 20 starters were left after the dreaded culling. The lady had interview slots there and then and read them out. I took one three days later so as it turns out all my assessments were in the same week.

I had a phone call about three days later to offer me the job. Then I waited for a medical date which was in January. After passing that (which you know immediately because you get a certificate to take away) a few days went by before I had a phone call offering me a start date.

MiNi

Hi. As MiNi says it's a waiting game after applying although reading this forum makes me realise I've been very fortunate really. We were told we'd passed the assesment day in Southampton in the afternoon. About 6 of the 20 starters were left after the dreaded culling. The lady had interview slots there and then and read them out. I took one three days later so as it turns out all my assessments were in the same week.

I had a phone call about three days later to offer me the job. Then I waited for a medical date which was in January. After passing that (which you know immediately because you get a certificate to take away) a few days went by before I had a phone call offering me a start date.
Womble,I do think you were very fortunate with your process,it was definitely quick.Somebody on here passed their assessment on October 15th & has still not heard anything about an interview.

Last edited:

WombleGuard

Womble,I do think you were very fortunate with your process,it was definitely quick.Somebody on here passed their assessment on October 15th & has still not heard anything about an interview.

Yikes! My best mate had an interview the week before mine in Nov and started in January!

I guess it's all Depot-dependant.

AMM72

Similar experience for me assessment day end of November, interview early December and start 14 April. Feel very fortunate too!

Kearney10

I just did my mini scatt test online do now I'm waiting to see if I passed.What are the assessment days like and what have you got to do?thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.