• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SWR Guards Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twentytwenty

I’ve got through to the interview stage for the SWAr Guard job and was wondering if someone could shed some light on the kind of questions asked at interview - I just want to make sure I’m properly prepared really...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mohka89

Hi, fantastic you’ve got through to interview!

There’ll be some ice breakers (your current role etc) questions on customer care, teamwork and on safety aspect.

Also important for you to know in depth what your role is going to be. Roles/responsibilities etc. Try and speak to a guard also before interview.

All the best!

MiNi

I’ve got through to the interview stage for the SWAr Guard job and was wondering if someone could shed some light on the kind of questions asked at interview - I just want to make sure I’m properly prepared really...
They may ask you when you worked as part of a team or individually. When you have 'obeyed' instructions from management. Also it may help to know some background on SWR or its former names(south west trains).
Good luck.

Kearney10

Just a quick question..What was the assessment day like and what did you have to do please?

Twentytwenty

Just a quick question..What was the assessment day like and what did you have to do please?
Assessment day was long and a little bit stressful because after 3 tests we had to wait in a room and then people who didn’t pass were sent home.
After that we had one more test and again, people who didn’t pass were sent home.
Finally, we were all called back in to be told we’d passed and then offered interview dates.
I thought we’d have a maths test but we didn’t - they said because we’d done one online for the job application, we wouldn’t have to do one on the assessment day. I’d been practicing my maths and re-learning stuff, getting quite worried about it so it was a really nice surprise

Twentytwenty

Hi, fantastic you’ve got through to interview!

There’ll be some ice breakers (your current role etc) questions on customer care, teamwork and on safety aspect.

Also important for you to know in depth what your role is going to be. Roles/responsibilities etc. Try and speak to a guard also before interview.

All the best!
Thanks ever so much.
I have to say I’m really pleased to have got through and I really want to make sure I’m prepared so thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it.

Twentytwenty

They may ask you when you worked as part of a team or individually. When you have 'obeyed' instructions from management. Also it may help to know some background on SWR or its former names(south west trains).
Good luck.
Thanks for that - really appreciate it

Kearney10

Assessment day was long and a little bit stressful because after 3 tests we had to wait in a room and then people who didn’t pass were sent home.
After that we had one more test and again, people who didn’t pass were sent home.
Finally, we were all called back in to be told we’d passed and then offered interview dates.
I thought we’d have a maths test but we didn’t - they said because we’d done one online for the job application, we wouldn’t have to do one on the assessment day. I’d been practicing my maths and re-learning stuff, getting quite worried about it so it was a really nice surprise
What were the tests you had to do please?I was hoping there wont be maths but dont know if transoprt for wales has different tests?

Twentytwenty

What were the tests you had to do please?I was hoping there wont be maths but dont know if transoprt for wales has different tests?
It was reading comprehension and answering questions, a test finding certain symbols on a page, listening and relaying a message back.
The email we had inviting us to the assessment told us what to practice but obviously with yours being a different company, it may have other tests.

Kearney10

Thanks for info...Think the test I got on Tuesday is finding symbols or shapes on a line and lasts about 40 mins and if pass it will then be interview.

Kearney10

Hi did you have a verification scatt test?

Potato_Peeler

I recently had my interview and most of the info on this thread is pretty much everything involved but I though I'd add, the interviewers were really nice and I initially went in feeling very nervous but they quickly calmed my nerves and it was almost like we were having a normal conversation, they're very good at getting the answers out of you without making it feel robotic.

Kearney10

It was reading comprehension and answering questions, a test finding certain symbols on a page, listening and relaying a message back.
The email we had inviting us to the assessment told us what to practice but obviously with yours being a different company, it may have other tests.
Hi I just been invited to a Skype interview on Wednesday for a conductor job any info on what it will be like would be much appreciated.

Kearney10

How did your interview go after?I got a Skype interview tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.