• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SWR Guards Recruitment 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bedwyn32

I work for SWR and I am waiting for a guards course to start and I have been told April 2022 at the earliest. They have got to train the crew for the 701 first.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

J3053B

Definitely not until next year at the earliest.

Also note that you will be affected by the new guards deal, in that your pay will be 25% less than your colleagues until you've been productive for 1 year

Simon B Guard

Waiting for Salisbury and Yeovil. Spoke to Salisbury guard on transport yesterday who said there are a number retiring over the next few months but no news of fresh courses.

Guardian

I got offered it early February! How about you? I'm just worried the job won't actually happen!?
I got offered the role in early December. I hope it happens because I relocated with my family for this role, as this was a condition of employment.

Definitely not until next year at the earliest.

Also note that you will be affected by the new guards deal, in that your pay will be 25% less than your colleagues until you've been productive for 1 year
I read that the 25% less pay would only be for new applicants so anyone in a talent pool would be paid at the rate advertised when applying. Happy to be corrected if anyone knows better.

I was told I was successful for Commercial guard at Fratton in December 2019. It's been a long wait.

Guardian

Spoke with HR earlier today and she said they’re looking to resume training in early February.

Guardian

Does anyone know how long interview results last for? I’ve been waiting for a year now since offered position of Guard and last email communication stated interviews/exam results would have to be retaken if they have reached their expiry date. I’m sure exams are 3 years, but not sure about interviews. The wait and the unknown is excruciating

MatthewLdn

Morning all, just thought I’d provide an update. Things seem to be moving once again. I received a call earlier this week to re-interview for the guards position for which I passed in early 2020. Fingers crossed everything goes well, it’s been a long wait.

Hope it goes well for you. I was passed in Dec 2019. Was hoping not to have to re-interview but never mind. Do you also have a start date?

MatthewLdn

Hope it goes well for you. I was passed in Dec 2019. Was hoping not to have to re-interview but never mind. Do you also have a start date?
Me too, but I guess the interview only lasts for so long. I haven’t been given a start date, although I believe courses are in the pipeline for early next year.

Guardian

Anyone have an idea of how long interview results last?

Morning all, just thought I’d provide an update. Things seem to be moving once again. I received a call earlier this week to re-interview for the guards position for which I passed in early 2020. Fingers crossed everything goes well, it’s been a long wait.
Is your interview online on Teams? or is it in person? Good luck.

Me too, but I guess the interview only lasts for so long. I haven’t been given a start date, although I believe courses are in the pipeline for early
Good luck to you. Could you let us all know after what the structure of the interview is. I'm hoping that as weve all passed before that it is not as intense as it was before. Thanks

Railroader22

I just called SWR recruitment to ask how long interview results last for and she said that for a Guard position interview results last for 6 months. Once 6 months has passed your interview results are expired and you then have to do it all over again.

Guardian

When is your re-interview?

henrybear

i have had several invites to assessment days with SWR, unfortunately i have not been able to commit to the dates, as they have been given with very short notice, and with my current employer, time off running up to christmas is rare! I passed all assessments with GWR recently in Swindon, but apparently they are not transferable to SWR and will have to attend southampton to do them (similar?) again.

i, now struggling to rejig my work rota for january to fit with the assessment day as i would still like to keep this opportunity 'live' , so to speak.

MiNi

i have had several invites to assessment days with SWR, unfortunately i have not been able to commit to the dates, as they have been given with very short notice, and with my current employer, time off running up to christmas is rare! I passed all assessments with GWR recently in Swindon, but apparently they are not transferable to SWR and will have to attend southampton to do them (similar?) again.

i, now struggling to rejig my work rota for january to fit with the assessment day as i would still like to keep this opportunity 'live' , so to speak.
Were the assessments for Gwr the same as Swr?. Scaat,raaat,rvce,customer service & Tct (commercial guards).

Status
Not open for further replies.