• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SWR Guards Recruitment 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twotwo

i have had several invites to assessment days with SWR, unfortunately i have not been able to commit to the dates, as they have been given with very short notice, and with my current employer, time off running up to christmas is rare! I passed all assessments with GWR recently in Swindon, but apparently they are not transferable to SWR and will have to attend southampton to do them (similar?) again.

i, now struggling to rejig my work rota for january to fit with the assessment day as i would still like to keep this opportunity 'live' , so to speak.

This may be hard to hear but if you really want the role and assessment days are giving at short notice then your best call is to phone in sick. I know you don't want to trouble your manager and inconvenience your colleagues but sometimes you got to for the long run for your own personal gain. My notice period was 6 months but I only gave 2 because I knew if I waited my notice period out there is a strong possibility the offer wouldn't be there anymore. I would have loved to have given more notice because I didn't want to inconvenience my colleague but it was too much of a good opportunity to turn down.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MatthewLdn

Cheers mate. Providing I pass the medical, which shouldn’t be an issue, it’s looking to be a February start at Waterloo.

Guardian

Hi Guardian, I sat the interview last week. Found out today that I’ve been successful and medical booked in for next week. Absolutely over the moon, it’s been a long wait that’s for sure!
Brilliant, well done mate. Can I ask how was the re-interview? Was it a structured STAR interview again? Or was it just more of a chit chat refresher kind of interview?

MatthewLdn

Brilliant, well done mate. Can I ask how was the re-interview? Was it a structured STAR interview again? Or was it just more of a chit chat refresher kind of interview?
The re-interview was pretty similar to the first, a mixture of competency based questions and a bit about yourself, the role, etc. It’s certainly not a chit chat refresher. Naturally I was a little nervous, but the interviewers were really nice.

Guardian

Thanks for giving us the heads up what to expect. Good luck with the role and enjoy it.

Termy

I had my interview last Thursday for Metro Guard, and I had that glorious call this morning... I'm heading back to the railway after two years away! :D Excited is an understatement...

Guardian

I had my interview last Thursday for Metro Guard, and I had that glorious call this morning... I'm heading back to the railway after two years away! :D Excited is an understatement...
Well done mate, congrats. Was this your first interview or did you have to reinterview cause your results had expired? Which depot did you apply
for?

Termy

Well done mate, congrats. Was this your first interview or did you have to reinterview cause your results had expired? Which depot did you apply
for?
First interview, I did apply in 2020 but wasn't interviewed back then. I'm joining the team at London Waterloo! :D

Termy

Well, I was cleared for Safety-critical duties this morning by Occupational Health. Extremely delighted by that result! :D

Termy

Congratulations. Have you been given a start date?
Thank you! :D

I was given the provisional start date of March 7th on my call last week, which was also confirmed in the offer email. They were hoping to slide me in to a course in Feb, but my notice period nixed that idea. But I'm super excited to see March 7th getting nearer and nearer! So excited!

MatthewLdn

Nice one, well I might see you there at the head office. I start my training on 7th February, I’ll also be based at Waterloo.

Termy

Nice one, well I might see you there at the head office. I start my training on 7th February, I’ll also be based at Waterloo.
Ooh, nice! Congratulations, it feels like your start date is literally next week...! I hope we do get to bump into each other at HQ. :)

KieOShea1

Good luck, you'll do great! The team at OccHealth are lovely, and aren't there to make you look bad or anything. :)
What depot are you joining?
Thank you! All being well, I’ll be joining Wimbledon! Should be starting 7th March

Termy

Thank you! All being well, I’ll be joining Wimbledon! Should be starting 7th March
Same day as me so I suspect same course, but I'll be based in Waterloo... But I'll still get to say hi on the training course I imagine! :D

Scaatman

Had my interview yesterday for a guard position. It was my second interview as it had been over a year since I passed last time.

Favalessa

Spencer2511

Congrats to everyone, I applied for a few metro guard positions including Wimbledon Staines and Woking, due to take my assessment next week for Staines. I’m guessing I can’t be greedy and take it three times haha, has anyone done anything similar to this? Just curious if I pass everything I’ll be given a choice of places or if im just going ahead with Staines and nothing else, I passed all the online tests for all three as well.

WombleGuard

Congrats to everyone, I applied for a few metro guard positions including Wimbledon Staines and Woking, due to take my assessment next week for Staines. I’m guessing I can’t be greedy and take it three times haha, has anyone done anything similar to this? Just curious if I pass everything I’ll be given a choice of places or if im just going ahead with Staines and nothing else, I passed all the online tests for all three as well.
If you pass the assessments the person giving you the result will ask where you would like to proceed to. More than one is fine.

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
I have an interview for that in the next two weeks down in Southampton and I can’t wait! Any bit of advice would be very welcome.
Were these for the recent vacancies - if so please use the other thread: https://www.railforums.co.uk/threads/swr-metro-guard-wimbledon-woking-29-01-22.227611/

Status
Not open for further replies.