• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SWR Key worker livery out today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LowLevel

Established Member
Was anyone else hoping we'd seen the last of the tediously cringe inducing "Key Worker" stuff? :(

Timings for U.450067 as below :

1Z32 10 45 Bournemouth to Waterloo calling at Southampton, Basingstoke only.

5Z33 13+39 Waterloo to Bournemouth Depot via Farnham Depot.

superalbs

Established Member
Did they accidentally specify the wrong year for completion of this project? It seems to be a year later than everyone else's.

Anyway, that looks pretty awful going off what I can see...

WombleGuard

The names of our colleagues who fell to Covid whilst carrying out their jobs are on the side.

londonteacher

SWR are getting a lot of flack on Twitter for this. It shows how bad our society has become when a company can't do something in recognition of key workers and lost colleagues without people criticising and demanding free travel or discounts.

A great tribute to lost colleagues SWR and a nice nod to all key workers.

Domh245

Established Member
Whilst the dedication to the colleagues who lost their lives due to covid is a nice touch, I can't help but feel that they could have just named individual trains after each of them?

The "thank you all key workers" stuff is (as demonstrated on this thread) out of date and does not sit well.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Seen it on a Tweet:

It's got stuff stuck to the windows as well. Even more awful than I thought.

A great tribute to lost colleagues SWR and a nice nod to all key workers.

The idea of it is good (though I agree, how about naming trains after them in the classic way?) - but it's hideous and even worse has stuff stuck to the windows, you know, the things designed to look out of.

RichJF

Why not put a permanent plaque/memorial at Waterloo or something? That's far more long-lasting & permanent that a sticker on a train that will get grubby & no doubt targeted by vandals sadly.

londonteacher

how about naming trains after them in the classic way?
Maybe they will when the 701s are in service.
it's hideous and even worse has stuff stuck to the windows, you know, the things designed to look out of.
I am sure the families of the colleagues that were lost really don't care what it looks like. It's the thought that counts.

As for the windows being covered, it's not the first time a livery or advertisements have been on windows. People could move to other seats if they wish.

adc82140

Established Member
Was anyone else hoping we'd seen the last of the tediously cringe inducing "Key Worker" stuff? :(
Agreed. And I work on the NHS front line. I never want to hear the term "key worker" again. I don't care if you make a living selling novelty mouse mats. If that keeps a roof over your head and supports your family then your job is as vital as mine.

They have done it before when they named U.450127 'Dave Gunson' after a Basingstoke Guard who was killed while cycling to work, so it is possible if enough pressure is applied.

Darandio

Established Member

I'm not sure it will ever go away. Just witnessed the latest bunch of recruits pass their PTS this week, trainer response was 'Well done lads you're now key workers'.

dorsetdesiro

It looks a bit ghoulish. The artwork of the keyworkers, on the windows, looks creepy in greyish colours.

They should have applied just the "Trainbow swooshes" with the keyworker names nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.