• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SWR livery

Status
Not open for further replies.

ess

SWR has red trains with blue doors and blue trains with red doors. Also some generally white trains with red doors. Is there a meaning to the livery?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Aictos

Established Member
SWR has red trains with blue doors and blue trains with red doors. Also some generally white trains with red doors. Is there a meaning to the livery?

Red is for Metro services.
Blue is for Outer Suburban services.
White is for Express services.

sprinterguy

Established Member
Technically that's not the livery of South Western Railway (Which is dark blue/dark grey and light grey - Seems to vary depending on the light), but the liveries of former operator South West Trains. The three different liveries denoted different service types as follows:

Red with blue doors: Inner suburban 'Metro' (Class 455, 456, 707)
Blue with red doors: Outer suburban (Class 450, 458)
White with red doors: Regional/fast (Class 158, 159, 444)

Last edited:

Laketop

I've seen images of some of the Siemens trains in different livery online, but never in person. The only SWR livery I've seen in person is on the 158/9s.

Why aren't the other trains in different livery?

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
I've seen images of some of the Siemens trains in different livery online, but never in person. The only SWR livery I've seen in person is on the 158/9s.

Why aren't the other trains in different livery?
Because apart from the launch day units they decided not to relivery either the 444s or 450s until the interior alteration work has been completed.

The 455, 456, 458 and 707 will not be reliveried because they are all being replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.