• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SWR Major Disruption 19/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

MontyP

Overrunning engineering - all lines blocked at Surbiton. Doesn't look like many trains are running on any of the lines through Wimbledon. Trains unable to leave Wimbledon depot or Clapham sidings.

Not good on a Monday morning!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Antman

Established Member
And my partner got up at 0530. Drove to Woking at 0610. No trains, no announce,wants, nothing published earlier.

She is now driving to court on the south coast. Court will be starting late as a result.

Good old Network Rail. And lack of Comms as ever. We are getting sick of how bad NR is.

westv

Established Member
Hopefully this will be sorted by 09:45/10:00
Only another four weeks until I won't have to waste my time travelling all the way from Hull to Guildford every week.

Warrior2852

Hopefully this will be sorted by 09:45/10:00
Only another four weeks until I won't have to waste my time travelling all the way from Hull to Guildford every week.

Even if they finish the work, there will still be the problem of displaced trains which will continue to provide endless delays/cancellations.

Warrior2852

Does anyone know where specifically the problem is? Or have we just got the vague "Waterloo-Surbiton"?

Antman

Established Member
London Bridge to Gatwick/redill. South downs to Guidford. Depends what side of London you’re coming from. Either way at mercy of GWR at some point

Antman

Established Member
Plus zip all showing on SWR website. When it eventually Loads up

Shambles as ever

Warrior2852

Can anyone actually get onto the SWR website? I am getting constant 404 errors from links on Twitter and the main site isn't loading.

Warrior2852

Finally got onto the website, this is what it says:
What's going on

Due to overrunning Network Rail engineering works between London Waterloo and Surbiton all lines are blocked. Train services running across the whole South Western Railway network may be cancelled, delayed or revised. Disruption is expected until the end of the day.

What We're Doing About It

Passengers are asked to delay the start of their journeys this morning as all lines from Surbiton into Waterloo are blocked due to over running engineering works.

Network Rail engineers are working hard to reopen the lines as soon as possible but passengers are advised to check the website before starting their journey as currently services are having to be cancelled and diverted.

Updates will follow when they become available.

All trains will be subject to cancellation, delay and revision.
All trains will be subject to cancellation, delay and revision at short notice.

To assist you with your journey your ticket will be accepted, at no extra cost to yourself, on the following services:
  • Southern Rail services via any reasonable route (in the London area).
  • London Underground services via any reasonable route.
  • TfL Bus services from Chessington South/Surbiton/Teddington from/towards London Waterloo.
  • GWR services via any reasonable route.
  • Cross Country services between Bournemouth and Reading.
For further information or onward travel advice please speak to a member of staff or use a station help point.

We are very sorry for any delay that this may cause to your journey.

Further Information

If you would prefer to use local buses to continue your journey please check Traveline [http://www.traveline.info/] - South Western Railway tickets are not valid on local buses unless stated above.

Have you been delayed? Please seehttps://www.southwesternrailway.com/contact-and-help/refunds-and-compensation for our compensation policy.

If you would like to make a comment about your experience with us today, please call us on 0345 6000 650 (option 4) or seehttps://www.southwesternrailway.com/contact-and-help/contact-us for other ways to contact us.

Twotwo

Wow. Look at all those cancelled trains

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181119-061707_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20181119-061707_Samsung Internet.jpg
    265.2 KB · Views: 262

moley

What’s amazing is that SWR have just cancelled so many services in their entirety. No Portsmouth line devices were showing before 8am.

What stopped SWR running a Portsmouth to Guildford shuttle so at least the kids could still get to school?

Not everyone is going to London.

pompeyfan

Established Member
What’s amazing is that SWR have just cancelled so many services in their entirety. No Portsmouth line devices were showing before 8am.

What stopped SWR running a Portsmouth to Guildford shuttle so at least the kids could still get to school?

Not everyone is going to London.

During the morning peak a lot of crews and units don’t form in and out services. That said I’m sure there was crew and stock to form 2Zxx shuttle services.

I see now there’s 2 up services, 1 at Guildford and 1 near Rowlands castle.

Line should reopen at 0845.

moley

You have crews booking in at Fratton to work Pompey line services, you have the trains sat at the Harbour/Fratton to run the services and you have a point on the line, Guildford, where you can run a meaningful shuttle service to. Instead, they cancel everything!

Wolfie

Established Member
You have crews booking in at Fratton to work Pompey line services, you have the trains sat at the Harbour/Fratton to run the services and you have a point on the line, Guildford, where you can run a meaningful shuttle service to. Instead, they cancel everything!
That sounds woeful but about what you would expect from Worst Group. I suspect their excuse would involve possible congestion at Guildford and the lack of options to go forward

zoneking

Also overrunning works between Victoria and East Croydon. And delays between Reading and Wokingham caused by signal problems.

The weather was perfect yesterday, I hope they found out what caused the delays.

LeeLivery

Established Member
My commute is out of the window this morning. Oh well, it's yet another screw-up - rail rage is a thing...

infobleep

Veteran Member
With so many trains cancelled, I'm surprised they are not advising people to stay at home. Certainly they aren't on National Rail Enquiries disruption page.

That says the incident was created at 3:34.

Antman

Established Member
They gave just announced that on BBCR5L. (To not travel)

At five to nine .... clowns

infobleep

Veteran Member
They gave just announced that on BBCR5L. (To not travel)

At five to nine .... clowns
They are actually advising people not to travel, on Twitter, at least.

Obviously one needs to think to go to Twitter. Hopefully lots of people would think to do that in this perticular case.

kev1974

SWR have been saying not to travel until later, all morning.

SWR getting battered by the public on Twitter, even though it's clearly NR's fault. Although I'm not sure why SWR appear to have gone for a total shutdown, not even attempting a shuttle between Waterloo and Strawberry Hill / Twickenham to keep some of the "side" lines running, until just now.

Antman

Established Member
I missed it at 0600... then been stuck in traffic since. A3 also a mess and idiots crashing into each other around Guildford. Plus other roadworks in arterial roads which the only work M-F during what seems to be school hours, not 24-7

Status
Not open for further replies.