• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SWR Network Tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

barrow trains

Evening, after the pandemic eventually passes over, allows us to travel freely once again, I'm hoping to clear off the rest of the SWR that I haven't done, having just completed GWR!

Just wondered though if SWR offer nay ranger tickets at all, particularity for the London end, as that would help in getting it done?

Lines to do:

- Brockenhurst to Lymington Pier
- Clapham Junction to Weybridge/Hampton Court (via Surbiton)
- Alton to Ash/Brookwood
- Ash Vale to Ascot
- Wokingham to Virginia Water
- Windsor & Eton Riverside to Staines
- New Malden to Twickenham/Shepperton
- Feltham/Whitton to Barnes (via Brentford)
- Guildford to Surbiton (via Claygate)
- Bookham/Dorking/Chessington South to Raynes Park

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

rg177

Established Member
Associate Staff
International Transport
Hampton Court, New Malden to Twickenham, Feltham/Whitton to Barnes, and Chessington South can be achieved on a 1-6 Travelcard.

Windsor is probably easiest achieved with a Boundary Zone 6 return, ditto Guildford via Claygate as you could then return via Bookham with one of those.

Dorking you could tie into a BZ6-Guildford by getting off at Leatherhead (Essentially Surbiton-Guildford-Leatherhead-Dorking) by filling in the gap with a Leatherhead-Dorking return. That would get you the routes via Claygate and Bookham as well as Dorking all in one.

I assume a Boundary Zone 6-Alton return is fine to go via Ascot one way then return via Brookwood/Woking/Weybridge which would knock off a few of your other requirements, but I'll let someone else clarify that.

Lymington Pier is unfortunately miles away by comparison but is covered by a rover- the Freedom of Severn and Solent.

So, in short, no SWR rangers for nearly all of those lines, but a Travelcard and Boundary Zone tickets will be the best alternative.

barrow trains

Hampton Court, New Malden to Twickenham, Feltham/Whitton to Barnes, and Chessington South can be achieved on a 1-6 Travelcard.

Windsor is probably easiest achieved with a Boundary Zone 6 return, ditto Guildford via Claygate as you could then return via Bookham with one of those.

Dorking you could tie into a BZ6-Guildford by getting off at Leatherhead (Essentially Surbiton-Guildford-Leatherhead-Dorking) by filling in the gap with a Leatherhead-Dorking return. That would get you the routes via Claygate and Bookham as well as Dorking all in one.

I assume a Boundary Zone 6-Alton return is fine to go via Ascot one way then return via Brookwood/Woking/Weybridge which would knock off a few of your other requirements, but I'll let someone else clarify that.

Lymington Pier is unfortunately miles away by comparison but is covered by a rover- the Freedom of Severn and Solent.

So, in short, no SWR rangers for nearly all of those lines, but a Travelcard and Boundary Zone tickets will be the best alternative.

Ah lovely job, will do a bit of research thanks

barrow trains

[.n]

There is also a FOSW rover which maybe of interest to you

route101

Established Member
Evening, after the pandemic eventually passes over, allows us to travel freely once again, I'm hoping to clear off the rest of the SWR that I haven't done, having just completed GWR!

Just wondered though if SWR offer nay ranger tickets at all, particularity for the London end, as that would help in getting it done?

Lines to do:

- Alton to Ash/Brookwood
- Ash Vale to Ascot

Similar to what i was trying to clear the lines, rovers make it so much easier.

route101

Established Member

Lines to do:

- Alton to Ash/Brookwood
- Ash Vale to Ascot

Similar to what i was trying to clear the lines, rovers make it so much easier.

route101

Established Member
ye they do, trying to do west midlands railway after this and a west mids ranger would cover most stuff for that one

Last year i did the Two West Midlands rover, got you out to Hereford and Leamington. Whereas stuff around London , if not in the travelcard zones , buying singles!

route101

Established Member
ye they do, trying to do west midlands railway after this and a west mids ranger would cover most stuff for that one

Last year i did the Two West Midlands rover, got you out to Hereford and Leamington. Whereas stuff around London , if not in the travelcard zones , buying singles!

NorthWestRover

Established Member
I've been thinking of the WM one for about 18 months, lol. Perhaps I'll do it once we can do leisure travel.

Status
Not open for further replies.